News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Who hates me from Latvia?

Started by looneylane, April 21, 2021, 11:35:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

looneylane

I have been receiving non stop one ring calls from Latvia starting yesterday afternoon, as soon as I block and report one number there are ten new ones. I know it is a call back scam where they charge you huge amounts when you call the numbers back it is a billing scam and our provider can't seem to do a thing to stop it!

foxgrove

Latvia???  Good grief!!!  Likely IP calls so they cost the other end nothing.  These guys drive me nuts!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

They have added other fake phone numbers from Europe and other places it is ridiculous over forty calls today!

foxgrove

Man... I thought the six or seven I get a week was bad.  Forty in a day???  Someone really wants to talk to you in a bad way!  :yikes:

Foxgrove

Barberian

With my anxiety disorders that would drive me nuts. sorry to hear you are having to go through this. :giveup:

ronr

Put them on the table after they start talking and then forget to come back to them.  Best I've heard is to sound like a child and tell them you can go get daddy but he's taking a sh_t and doesn't want to be disturbed. Then go on and on in the child voice until they've had enough.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

looneylane

From what I have been told after checking on this it is called the one ring scam! In other words they have a computer dialer throwing calls out at a crazy rate and they only let it ring once because what they want is you to call back and the number is hooked to a billing service so just calling it back will get you a huge bill on your phone account. I blocked over a hundred numbers yesterday so if you think even at 15 bucks a pop if you dial it back that can be thousands in a day for each number

foxgrove

Zoiks!!!  Yeah... one hit wonders don't get a call back from us unless someone has set it up ahead of time (and we know their number).  Sad how far people will go to destroy the lives of others.  Freakin greed, man!

Foxgrove

ronr

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

Next time you get a spam call, answer it like this "Heaven, God speaking how can I help you". and see how fast they hang up, (seen of facebook)
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

looneylane

4:30 am I was having one of the best sleeps in months.........If I could reach through the phone.....

foxgrove

Foxgrove

Robby

My phone has a "Do not disturb" function. I set it to start at 9 pm. and turn off at 5 am. It will not ring for any number except the one's that you've whitelisted. Unless a number calls 2 or more times in an hour, that way say if my son was in a wreck, after that 9 pm, and the ER was trying to reach me because it is an emergency, when they call that second or however many times it's set for, it will ring in and I get the emergency call. Also we are with AT&T, and they have an app that is now standard on all phones that filters out most spam/scam calls. Based on previous days reports (I think is how they get the numbers). Check with your carrier, and see if they have anything like that. Also I noticed a few weeks ago, and had forgot it until now, that in the android play store there are several apps that are supposed to filter spam/scam, I can't vouch for them, but they are worth a shot, especially if your getting a lot of those calls.
/>----------

Robby

/>----------

looneylane

:lmao: :lmao: They just use an autodialer that hangs up after one ring you never get a person unless you phone it back and even then the reports say they put you on hold and keep billing you per second one report had a 500 dollar bill for under a minute. The other day I watched a positive hacker who goes after scammers and hackers who steal from innocent people he was hilarious as he was able to sneak into the hackers system and delete all the information on every connected computer. It seems the scammers boss didn't trust his own team so had all the computers linked to his! This left some kind of back door so all the computers in that call center lost all their files permanently...  :rotfl: :rotfl:

foxgrove

Foxgrove

Robby

I used to follow this site, but it just suddenly died, you can still read it for the most part, at least enough to know what's going on, check it out, it's good for a good laugh.

https://www.thescambaiter.com/forum/index.php?/topic/17878-anus-laptops-the-martins-cole-saga-complete/

Basically, this guy scams the scammers. He would work a group until he got enough evidence to get them arrested. He would "sell" them like ten new computers, and send them a box of rocks or dirty underwear, streaks and all.
/>----------

augoldminer

Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk