News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

serious breathing problems with seizure and nerve pain medicines-New warnings

Started by ronr, December 20, 2019, 08:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

New warning are coming for this:

FDA warns about serious breathing problems with seizure and nerve pain medicines gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise, Horizant) and pregabalin (Lyrica, Lyrica CR)

https://www.fda.gov/drugs/drug-safety-and-availability/fda-warns-about-serious-breathing-problems-seizure-and-nerve-pain-medicines-gabapentin-neurontin?utm_campaign=New%20FDA%20Drug%20Safety%20Communication%20on%20gabapentin%20and%20pregabalin&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Eloqua

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning that serious breathing difficulties may occur in patients using gabapentin (Neurontin, Gralise, Horizant) or pregabalin (Lyrica, Lyrica CR) who have respiratory risk factors. These include the use of opioid pain medicines and other drugs that depress the central nervous system, and conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) that reduce lung function. The elderly are also at higher risk.

Gabapentin and pregabalin are FDA-approved for a variety of conditions, including seizures, nerve pain, and restless legs syndrome.

Our evaluation shows that the use of these medicines, often referred to as gabapentinoids, has been growing for prescribed medical use, as well as misuse and abuse. Gabapentinoids are often being combined with CNS depressants, which increases the risk of respiratory depression. CNS depressants include opioids, anti-anxiety medicines, antidepressants, and antihistamines. There is less evidence supporting the risk of serious breathing difficulties in healthy individuals taking gabapentinoids alone. We will continue to monitor these medicines as part of our routine monitoring of all FDA-approved drugs.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

Oh great! I believe i fall into a few of those catagories.
Could explain some things. :an ailing:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

Well hells bells. I'm on Lyrica and Neurontin both. I wonder if that might be my problem and not copd? I'll probably never get them to admit it, so I'm going back to bed and when I get up I will have forgotten it anyway with my nascar memory. The thoughts speed around a couple times, then head out of the freaking track never to be seen again.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Darn... that's serious.  If you're on mixes of these meds, let your doc know about any breathing difficulties you have.  I remember what the feeling of a depressed CNS is... it doesn't really feel like you're not breathing properly but you start to yawn a lot and you find yourself suddenly gasping for breath when you haven't done anything significant to need it.  Dangerous warning signs to be wary of!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

Do Dr's get paid to prescribe Gabapentin? every dr I have seen has tried to put me on it even after I had a severe reaction to it?

foxgrove

Don't know but I do know that many doctors take their brains out of their skulls when the local pharm rep comes walking in and tells them about all their new cure-all drugs.  I've seen it so often it makes me want to scream.  Rep comes through and poof, next visit we have to have a conversation about the new drug on the market and how it'll be just the thing for... what was it you had again???  Got rid of that doc faster than I could wipe my butt, and for the same reason.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

:lmao:  Funny docs out there Fox.

Im cutting back to see what happens.
Not even sure it was ever working anyway.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

wmoore

Well my gabapentin Has been a life saver, hopefully won't wig out on me.

Barberian

I'm on Lyrica, haven't had any problems that I know of. I did have a bad episode this last summer, but it wasn't breathing, Just horrible, horible fatigue.

looneylane

Gabapentin really seemed to help my first go round with it but I took myself off of everything and slowly tried some again but started to have weird side effects

denny

Im down to 9/day and my pain is threw the roof.
Trouble being pain always does that,and its cold out.
So how do you tell? :emowall:

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk