News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Prayers for work

Started by Quirkyhndl, January 01, 2020, 09:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkyhndl

So I'm on track to only get 10 hrs for this pay period because my "job" hasn't had work available (normal is around 30). The last couple months they've had less and less work (online advertising search eval and research)

I'm trying to sell some of my more expensive tools that I'm not using right now, gonna try to get an apt with the food pantry tomorrow. If I have to there's a fellow at church that offered to get us food, just really sucks having to ask.

So could use prayers for work/provision and my faith in trusting God as provider.
i R a HoOmAn.

Robby

I will say more than one prayer for you. Just remember that I will be praying to Jehovah-Jirah
John 14:13-14 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

PHil. 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with THANKSGIVING let your requests be made known unto God.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them

Just a couple things I want you see, In John 14 we see that Jesus said that whatever we ask Him for, using His name He will will do what we asked so that the Father may be glorified. How can He say no and displease the Father?

Second thing is, In Phil 4, first thing it says is "Be careful for nothing" that means don't take anything for granted, or  Don't worry about anything". Then in everything by prayer and supplication. We know what prayer is, supplication is "begging for something earnestly and humbly" Then I have thanksgiving in all caps and bolded. Very important part of praying, saying Thank You to God for answering the prayer BEFORE you receive an answer. Then you tell God what your praying for.

Now look at Mark, it sounds very simple, but when you pray, you have to believe your prayer will be answered before you pray it. 

So a prayer for your situation would look like:

Dear God, ABBA Father, Jehovah Jirah, I come to you on my knees, seeking help for Quirkyhndl my brother. Most High Almighty God, you already know that he hasn't been working very much lately. He is being forced to go to a food pantry, and Most Merciful LORD I know how that makes you feel. I've had to go a couple of times. He's having to sell some of his equipment. I can only imagine how that makes him feel. My heart breaks for him, my soul aches to know how he feels. As I know that you ache also. Adoni I beg you to pour out some blessings on Quirky. I beg you to go beyond what I would ask for. I humbly beseech you take care of his family meet their needs. Thank you Most Precious LORD for the ways that you are going to help him and his family in the coming weeks. Precious Jesus, you alone are worthy of praise, you alone deserve our worship ,El Shaddai I lift your name on high, Heavenly Father, I know that you have already answered my prayer we just have't seen the end result yet I know that you already have what they need lined up somewhere just waiting for him to grab it up. You know more about what he needs than I do therefore I leave it up to you what to provide, I would not ask for the right things the way you already know what he needs. How can my human mind even began to give you the worship and praise you deserve, just for being who you are, not even starting on what you've done? My God Thank You.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Gotcha in my prayers, Quirky.  It's hard having to get rid of things that had purpose in your life.  Don't let it get you down... it's just stuff... God can replace stuff.  

I'm proud of you for asking for help and seeking alternate ways to make ends meet.  It's a huge thing to be able to get past that prideful shell that we cloak ourselves in, especially when everything around us seems to be taken away.  It tells me that your heart is in the right place.  
:bighug:

I'll be there with you in spirit when you go asking.  Be well and know you don't walk this alone. :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

Praying Quirky! This past summer I sold most of my tools as we needed the money and couldn't store it any longer. My compressor air tools chain saws mowers weed whackers and a lot of hand tools worth well over ten grand and I am lucky if I got 600 bucks for it. Praying things will turn out good for you!

foxgrove

Quoteworth well over ten grand and I am lucky if I got 600 bucks for it
:ohmy:  Dang... that hurts. :cry2:

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: looneylane on January 02, 2020, 12:14:42 PM
I am lucky if I got 600 bucks for it

Looney, my question is, you got 600 bucks for it, how much money is that in God's hands?  We both know what He could do with that, I seem to remember when he took 2 small fish and 5 loaves of bread, he fed 30,000 people, and picked up enough scrap to feed the local nursing home for a week. Ok, so I lied about the nursing home, but still they had plenty left over. I say HALLAJUIAH you got 600 bucks, now watch God show out as He shows you what He can do with that little bit of money. I say you about to be blessed brother, aint no way around it, you fixin to be blessed.

/>----------

Quirkyhndl

Praise report: thank you for the prayers brother; woke up this morning and had an offer to buy my router set for almost what I was asking for. Plus, my work released a batch of new tasks, so I was able to get 3hrs in today (more than any day in the last two weeks). So praise God and thank you guys for the encouragement.

Yeah, it does sting to sell my tools, but who knows if/when I'll ever be able to use half this stuff again. I trust that the Lord will have a purpose/place for my life even if opportunity seems slim right now.

I'm still working on trusting God to answer my prayers before I pray them. The last 10 years every time things start looking up I'm just thrown back into the pit again.

I've been praying for the faith to trust his plan and his sovereign will (and using the opportunity to try to teach my kids some of that). I've read the stories of our brothers in sisters that have spent years in prison for their faith, or attacked by radicals, or had to flee for their lives from North Korea, and the great things that God worked through that suffering.

So I know that God can and is doing a great work, turning evil for our good, and that my suffering just might be what makes the difference for someone else's eternity. Just gotta stay focused and stop listening to the Enemy's lies.
i R a HoOmAn.

foxgrove

:bighug:  Good to hear some good news coming your way. God's not done with us yet, brother. :great: 

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: Quirkyhndl on January 02, 2020, 04:44:08 PM

I've been praying for the faith to trust his plan and his sovereign will

See, that's where you messed up, never ever pray for faith, or patience.  :yikes: Those are two things that God does not give us, He teaches us those things.  :an eyes popping: How does he teach us patience, and faith? By putting us in a situation that requires us to have faith and patience.  :insane: So the more you ask for those things, the harder He makes it for you. I'm not saying don't ask for those things, just be prepared for the lessons He sends your way, because He has a strange sense of humor. Anybody that says that God doesn't have a strange sense of humor, has never prayed for faith and patience.  :giveup:  But since I know you have prayed for this, I will pray for mercy for you  :smiley praying:

The above was both an attempt at humor, and an attempt to tell you the truth if you hadn't already realized it. Praying for faith and patience is a good thing, just know it's a lesson you need to learn, not just be given as a gift. But it's so much  more fun that way.  :emolaugh:
/>----------

looneylane

That is awesome Quirky! Robby Several items I let go of because someone was in need I guess I am just sad that I no longer have the ability to do some things without borrowing tools. I am truly blessed in every way and I am glad for the opportunities that went with letting go

foxgrove

You know... that's a really interesting take on "losing stuff".  I've found that when I need to go find things or when people need something that I have, it always ends up being an amazing opportunity to get together with people I haven't spent enought time talking with. Thank you for reminding me of that... I don't think it'll be so hard to let things go now.  :bighug:

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: looneylane on January 03, 2020, 07:58:46 PM
Robby Several items I let go of because someone was in need

In those situations I always say, God never wanted me to have it to start with, He just let me hold on to it until the person He did want to have it, needed it. Makes it a little easier to give it up.
/>----------

denny

I have many good tools i found in the road.
Ive also lost a few.
Your right,we dont really own anything,we're just useing it while we're here. old-man/cane
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk