News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

homeless again

Started by Quirkyhndl, January 15, 2020, 07:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quirkyhndl

so it's been apparent for a long time that we're not welcome where we are staying. My sister-in-law has some severe narcissim and goes into a screaming rage at us on a regular basis. My mother-in-law is her long time enabler and both of them treat us like we wake up just looking for ways to disrespect their home.

I've tried talking to them, but it's no use and I can't do this anymore. I'm packing a bag tomorrow and taking my toddler to a friends. Please pray that I can find a shelter for my whole family.
i R a HoOmAn.

foxgrove

:cry2: :bighug:

I hear you, brother.  You've been very patient but I get you.  Praying for a new place where you can be a happy family again. :smiley praying:  If you were closer, we'd just find room in the inn for ya but that's not really feasible.  Keep your chin up and know you're not alone in this. :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

So sorry to hear this hoping you found a good safe space.

Robby

Man that's tough. Wish there was something I could do to help out. Other than praying for you.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

ronr

Understand where you are coming from and hoping for the best while waiting to hear more from you.  As hard as it will be it's probably for the best to get out of a toxic environment.

:smiley praying:
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

Toxic. Ive heard this story before,what else could you do?
Praying ::Amen::
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Quirkyhndl

Hey all, thanks so much for the prayers and the encouragement. It's been tough few days, but we've managed to get into a small apartment with the help of our grandmother and a great working from the Lord, praise and glory to God! :smiley praying:

This place just happened to have a 3 month ½ off rent special, be in exactly the area my wife needed for work, and had a manager willing to get us in despite our credit/past eviction/too many kids.

Our Grow Group from church (Bible study/life group) pulled together and helped us with moving/food/necessities. We've been really blessed by everyone's help. It's going to be a stretch to afford this place, but we feel like God is moving in this and we're trying to be both trusting and obedient.

Note on the extended family, they went ballistic when we said we were leaving and told my wife she needed to choose between me and them. We did our best not to get pulled into their hatefulness, but the older kids don't even want to see them anymore. It's going to take some family counseling and real change before we could even consider having them in our lives again, which has been really hard on my wife.

She still has the support of her other sister at least, but it's just really sad how they forced this whole thing. I've got limited time/ability to get on here while we're still figuring things out, but I'll try to check in as I can.

Seriously though, I love you guys. Even though I haven't been part of the group very long I have been exceedingly grateful for the support, so thanks again.  :bighug:
i R a HoOmAn.

foxgrove

:bighug:  That's why we're here, brother.  So glad to hear that you are all together and in a non-toxic environment.  So sad when extended family puts their tainted two-cents in.  That's just wrong... Keeping you all in our prayers.  Give the kids hugs from us.  This has to be scary for them.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

Robby

That sounds great. Praise God for a manger willing to work with you. As far as the family, which I try not to get involved in family matters, but just let go and let God. Turn them over to God and don't worry about them again. Easier said than done, I know but God can help you let go if you let Him. I am so glad you got out of that situation. Will be praying for you going forward, that God continues to lead, and that He will give you peace about things, and that includes the kids too.

:bighug:  :smiley praying:  :sadhug:
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

ronr

Quote from: Quirkyhndl on January 20, 2020, 08:57:11 PM

Note on the extended family, they went ballistic when we said we were leaving and told my wife she needed to choose between me and them. We did our best not to get pulled into their hatefulness, but the older kids don't even want to see them anymore.

Too bd when family has to do this kinda crap to attempt to control things for their pleasure.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

Its amazing how things work  themselves out.
All you have to do is keep your faith.
God bless! :bighug:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk