News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

Genetic Mutation could help with Chronic Pain

Started by Robby, February 17, 2020, 05:11:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

**I've never heard of the publication so I don't know how reliable it is.** But if this is true it would be good for us if they can make it work. They are looking at people that feel no pain at all, trying to see if they can use that information to reduce or stop chronic pain. Let me know if you think this is true or not, or if it's a fake post.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-human-body/a-genetic-mutation-could-help-us-understand-how-to-stop-pain/
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

augoldminer

Pain is telling us something is wrong.

It alerts us to the injury.

It tells us not to do it again

If you break your arm and feel no pain and keep using it you would end up making the injury much worse to the point that it could kill you.
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

ronr

Nice find Robby.

I've seen articles on this but the research just seems to go on and on forever.  Kinda like research into the aquatic critters that are poisonous but MAY provide help to pain patients.

Noticed this quote from the article:
According to social psychologist and author Dr Brock Bastian, we need pain to feel happiness. ?We need pain to provide a contrast for pleasure,? he writes. ?Without it, life becomes dull, boring and downright undesirable.?  The article states though how happy she is living a life without pain.

Well I guess my life is not boring then by those standards but pleasure??? I don't know about that one.  I do know that I'm willing to share some pain for the sake of research or for someone else to be happier.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

I would like to see how dull feels for a while.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

My vote is that we get the euphoria end of the spectrum for a while... you know... just to balance it all out.  :biggrin:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk