News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Just who is God?

Started by Robby, August 25, 2020, 06:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

Do you want to know who God is? Do you want to know who Jesus is? Then watch this short video, it's just 11 minutes long, but by the end you will know without a doubt who God is. This went through all 66 books of the Bible, and pulled most references to who God (and Jesus) is, and it's presented here is a very powerful way. I had a single person church service this morning. When you start to realize who God is, you will began to worship each entry that is made, God will speak to you, and tell you who He is. You probably have heard every one of these descriptions and names before. But you've never heard them presented this way. I dare you to listen, and not come out praising Him, and worshiping Him, and who and what He is. I thought it would just be a representing of the Names of God series I started here, but it was so much more. Yet it is so simple, just like the Gospel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NscHCa395-M
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

denny

The Gospel is not simple,not too me it isnt.
But anyway,thanks for the video! Im waiting for my wife,i wouldnt watch it without her.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

No... the gospel isn't simple... God's purpose isn't simple either... but the message is.  Love God and love people.  Love is an action, a sacrificing of our own wants and desires and a placing of the other person before ourselves.  It's a sacrificial thing, something this world understands so poorly.  You're right Robby... it was really good but I found it more like a scattergun approach than the scalpel that I generally prefer.  Thanks for planting seeds.  :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: denny on August 25, 2020, 10:38:40 AM
The Gospel is not simple,not too me it isnt.

Here's the Gospel
1. God loved us enough to send His Son to die for our sins.
2. If we accept Him, confess our sins to Him, and ask Him to save us,
3. He will forgive our sins Then He will Live in our hearts, and we will be saved
4. And be a new person

That looks simple to me.
/>----------

Robby

Glad you liked it.

Fox sometimes it does us good to mix things up, helps us see stuff we would have missed because we just skimmed over it knowing what was there already. At least for me that is.
/>----------

foxgrove

Yup... good to get perspective from other people. ...and yes, that is an excellent summation of the gospel.  Somehow my mind got sidetracked and I went with a summary of what God expects of us.  Ug!!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Hollywood

Good Video Robby, thanks for sharing it.

I've gone from hardline catholic raised, to where the word God would make me shudder, because I hated him.

I went from believing the Bible to believing it was all made up.

I couldn't go into a church without feeling like the Devil himself was telling me to get out fast. And I did.

I had to finally step back and figure out who God is to me. You would think coming out of a coma, that you would have a spiritual experience ? Well I did.

That is when I was empty. It was weird to say the least, God made my skin crawl if I heard his name.

Then I had to find my way back, slowly I could handle hearing his name. Then I began to pray again. Then I was able to reflect on how often he has been with me.

I had to find God my own way, I read the bible here and there , bits at a time. I can't handle people pushing their ideas of God down my throat. I immediately shut down. and just politely nod.

I've been hurt so much by people that were supposed to be representing God.

I have come to learn that only I myself can find a relationship with God. I need and always have needed God.

I have no doubts about his existence, my problem has always been the man made Gods. If you know what I mean?

I stepped back and now am happy to say that I have a decent relationship with my "Father". I always went thru life without a dad. But I didn't ever realize I had a "Father" with me thru it all.

In spite of everything I've done to push him away he still LOVES me.

I believe in the Holy trinity. The bible and the Catholic church. will I ever go to a Catholic church again? I don't know.

Right now I can't get to any church. I'm thinking of calling around and see if anyone is close enough to give me a ride to a church, I don't care what denomination it is.

I belive I am a child of "GOD" whatever anyone chooses to call him. I believe in his son, I get choked up just thinking of what he went thru for us.

I never understood how a good God could be so cruel. But He cleared that up for me also. I don't see the cross as a bad thing anymore.

The cross to me is "AMAZING LOVE" that he freely choose to do that to save us from us.

I believe now that God loves us all in spite of how we treat him.

I have a very simple belief system now. God is God And I do my best to make him proud. God is with me always , whether I'm in church or not.

and I am trying to forgive all those people that almost drove me away from God. But again, there is the man made God and then there is "God".

messed up huh? :insane: :smiley praying:

Stephen Michael Dirse

Robby

Stephen, you are right God loves us no matter what, He has always loved us, and will always loved us, Here's a couple of verses that show His love for us.

Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.

Ephisians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Exodus 20:3 ?You shall have no other gods before me.?

Matthew 6:33 ?But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.?

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

/>----------

Hollywood

Stephen Michael Dirse

Robby

Stephen, check this, look at this verse and really think about what it says.

QuoteEphisians 1:4 Ephisians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love

See what I highlighted? Before God even created the world He loved us enough to have plans to send Jesus to pay for our sins. That's right before He created the world, He already knew who Stephen was, and loved him enough to make plans for his eternity. For those He really loved, he gave a chronic illness,  :biggrin: or other burden, some of us get more than one and or both. 
/>----------

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk