News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

National Suicide prevention Month

Started by Barberian, September 08, 2020, 03:05:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barberian

Cut and pasted from a military fb post, but it applies to all of us.

September is Suicide Awareness Month. Why we only designate one month to these critical needs such as depression and suicide I couldn't tell you. I wish that every month, every week, every day every one of you would tell your friends, family, buddies, military brothers and sisters that they matter. Check in with your family regularly. And remember, blood doesn't always make family.

If you or someone you know needs someone to talk to. Call the suicide Crisis Line at 1-800-273-8255 or text Home to 741741 to chat with someone.a

YOUR NOT ALONE!

Robby

I had copied that hotline number to bring here and post, but you beat me to it. Good job.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Barberian

Quote from: Robby on September 08, 2020, 03:47:53 PM
I had copied that hotline number to bring here and post, but you beat me to it. Good job.

I have it memorized and have used it a few times. No shame in using it,  unfortunately I think It is for U.S only, not sure. Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

ronr

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Hollywood

:insane: I know i'm about 1.5 years late buttkick

Thanks for posting that Number. I just put it on my phone, so that it is with me at all times.

I can only speak for myself but that "FEELING"  :emobadmod: can be triggered by something at anytime.

QuoteSuicide is for dweebs.

Denny, I used to think that.  I grew up in constant anxiety.

I would wake up at 2 or 4 am hearing my mom shouting this gutterl scream "Barbara wake up!"

I remember the first time it happened I was around 12 years old and I jumped out of my bed and went in my mom's room.

Only to see my mom screaming at my sister and  slapping her because she was gone. My

sister would take a whole bottle of Cecanol , then crawl in the bed with my mom :facepalm:

So at 12 years old i would have to call 911 because my mom was flipping out.  They would

show up and zap her with those paddles. They would get a faint pulse and off they went, with my mom following right behind.

And You know what I remember out of that whole scenario? The people, it seemed like the

whole neighborhood was outside,

in there sleeping attire just staring and pointing and whispering between themselves :emomad2: :emocurse:

Noone came over and asked me if I was ok, So at 12 years old I would go back to my apartment and clean up the mess.  Can't expect the paramedics to throw there ekg stickers and bandages in the garbage.

Then I would wait in that empty apartment , just waiting for a phone call.  I don't remember how much time went by but it seemed like an eternity to me.

My mom would say " your sister is in the ICU in critical condition and to pray for her."

so that's what I did. I would get to go and see her days later when she was hooked up to machines that were keeping her alive. She would be in a coma for a week or two.

Then it became a regular thing. My sister would try to kill herself every 2 or 3 weeks!! And

back into a coma for a month at a time. I remember feeling really guilty, when I was in the

waiting room I would ask God to just let her die this time. That's Horrible, but she was killing

my mom and I with all her insanity.  Sorry guys I kind of got on much longer post than I expected.

I will end this post by saying a prayer for all the family and friends that took their own lives.

I used to be so mad at them.  But after the month I just had I get what they were thinking.

It's a scary dark place, and your thinking isn't rational, I was thinking some really bad but untrue stuff. I tell myself all kinds of crazy stuff, but then see the news and realize i'm a saint compared to some people.

P.S. Ever since my mom died, i don't have anyone to tell me that i'm not as bad as i think.

My mom new me and she knew I belonged with someone better, but she never came right out and said it. But after hours of emotional abuse from my wife, I could always go to my mom and she would straighten me out. Now there's no one except you guys.

Thanks if you made it thru this whole thing you deserve a prize.

Stephen Michael Dirse

Barberian

I'm sorry for the troubles you have gone through. There is this post and some others where you described other issues. Some people get all the bad luck. Well, I hope your future is better than your past.

Quote from: Hollywood on October 02, 2021, 07:44:16 AM
:insane: I know i'm about 1.5 years late buttkick

It's annual, Alexa is only telling me it's some week in Sept. I think it is the month is Sept too. I meant to make a new post for a new year, but since I missed the beginning of the month I just kept putting it off.

Robby

"Denny,[size=0pt] YOUR NOT AS BAD AS YOU THINK![/size]
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk