News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Another kick in the head

Started by Robby, January 06, 2021, 08:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

I made a post a couple weeks ago, about finding some new glasses in  a drawer. Well, there was one major problem with that, I could not drive at night wearing them. The road was tilted, the right side of the road was higher than the left. It was tilted so bad that I felt like my car would slide off at any minute. The houses on the side of the road were tilted the same way, and just as much. The front of the house would be 5 or 6 feet off the ground, while the back side was under ground. I actually told Dawn that I refused to drive at night again. I have had some night blindness my whole life, but this was something different.

I got to thinking, and I put my original glasses back on and drove down the road a piece, and everything was correct, no tilt. Knowing I've had the same prescription since I was 15, this puzzled me. So I made an appt. with the eye Dr., went in and told her about the problems I had been having. She checked out my eyes, and said I have good news and bad news. The good news is in the left eye the prescription hasn't changed any, and your eyeball, and nerve are in great shape. The right eye, your eyeball and nerve are perfect which is confusing because your prescription has changed greatly.

Now remember on eye measurements the higher the number the worse it is. My left eye  has always been 20/25, the right eye has always been 20/35, now the right eye is 20/100. She said even though physically the eye is in perfect shape, the vision is failing, and there is no reason why. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I will take fibro over blindness any day. I have never been scared of anything in my life, not even fibro, I always knew I could handle anything that came my way. But I have some friends that are either blind, or blind in one eye, and just seeing what they go through, I just don't know if I can do it or not.

I believe that I found those other glasses, so that I would have trouble driving, so I would go to the Dr., and find out about my vision failing. It's been two years since I was at the eye Dr.'s, so my vision has probably been slowly going since then, add in how scratched my glasses were, and I just could not tell that it was my vision going bad, because I blamed it on the other things. But, I really believe those glasses were put there for me to find on purpose by the only one able to put them there in order to get my attention. They may have looked perfect (and they were especially for the purpose they served), but they looked perfect, but they had one built in "flaw" designed to get my attention. 

On a positive note to this, I can see better than I have in a long time. The only annoying part is I now have bifocals, which even though they haven't been hard to get used to, I also have reading glasses. My regular glasses I can watch tv perfectly, but the computer is kind of fuzzy, I swap out and put on the reading glasses, and the computer is crystal clear, but the tv is a little fuzzy, but I can not read any writing that's on it. If I get up to go to the kitchen for a snack, I have to swap out again, otherwise I have trouble walking a straight line. But I can read the snack boxes, with the regular glasses, I can make it out, but it's not clear. I think in time I will get used to this and it will get easier, but for now it's not only hard to remember to do it, but swapping out this much is just not fun.

So after a long winded Boo-Hoo session, I really don't feel sorry for myself even though it seems that way, because I know who holds my hand, and who holds me in His hand. I guess I'm just asking for a prayer or two about this. Just so that God will give me some peace, I know He will get me through, I just need some peace and comfort. Thanks guys, I thank Him everyday for finding this group.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

So glad you were able to get your eyes checked and get some new glasses!  Vision problems are real serious when you've got to drive... nasty stuff that vision change.  20/35 sliding out to 20/100... oof.  We're not 18 any more, are we, brother.  :budy:

Aren't multifocal glasses a hoot.  I went to progressives a few years back when I finally admitted to myself that I couldn't see worth a darn (happened pretty suddenly over one summer)  Those things can be awfully handy and then {snap} just like that they're gonna get you killed!  Stairs are a good example... beware!!!  DO NOT WATCH YOUR FEET!  It gives you a weird feeling like you're falling... and then suddenly you are.  It's not flying through the air that hurts so much but that sudden stop at the bottom is a doozy! 
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

Barberian

I'm not good with words.  I hope things go as well as they can for you with the Lord's help. Keep the faith brother. :smiley praying: ::Amen::

Possible blindness or deafness are two of my most feared ailments. Blindness speaks for its self, deafness? I love my music...

I tried bifocals once. HATED them. Went back to regular glasses as soon as I could get a replacement pair from the VA. I only need to take off the glasses when I'm reading or doing something up close. I hope they work better for you.

Tossing a prayer your way specifically, and for all the others who are a part of, and those who visit (Ghost) our forum. From what I've gathered over the years, Fibro is often co-morbid with some other fun stuff.

ronr

Yea, some "real fun stuff" Barberian!  Lots of co-morbids.

I have some friends legally blind since a kid.  The can still do things, it's just the glasses that look like the bottom of coke bottles.  At least you have some warning Robby that it's going out rather than just a sudden OH ____!

Bi-focals are such a treat to get used to, I can hardly wait for them to add a tri to the mix.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on January 06, 2021, 12:02:54 PM
So glad you were able to get your eyes checked and get some new glasses!  Vision problems are real serious when you've got to drive... nasty stuff that vision change.  20/35 sliding out to 20/100... oof.  We're not 18 any more, are we, brother.  :budy:
It's not flying through the air that hurts so much but that sudden stop at the bottom is a doozy! 

No, we are not 18 anymore, no where close. I've been saying that about the sudden stop is what kills ya, for years.

Quote from: ronr on January 06, 2021, 06:02:27 PM
Yea, some "real fun stuff" Barberian!  Lots of co-morbids.

I have some friends legally blind since a kid.  The can still do things, it's just the glasses that look like the bottom of coke bottles.  At least you have some warning Robby that it's going out rather than just a sudden OH ____!

Bi-focals are such a treat to get used to, I can hardly wait for them to add a tri to the mix.

Most of the eye docs around here will prescribe contacts and glasses, so the glasses aren't so thick. I actually had bifocals last pair of glasses, but they were the progressive/no line, and they were worth less, but these have the line, and they actually work. I know what you mean about watching your feet, but I really have had no problems with them. They can be annoying, they aren't in my vision, but all I have to do is move my eyes down and there they are. Dad has had tri-focals for about 30 years, there was one time he had problems getting them right, but he finally just went to another optometrist, and they got them right the first time.

Quote from: Barberian on January 06, 2021, 04:17:28 PM
I'm not good with words.  I hope things go as well as they can for you with the Lord's help. Keep the faith brother. :smiley praying: ::Amen::

Possible blindness or deafness are two of my most feared ailments. Blindness speaks for its self, deafness? I love my music...

I tried bifocals once. HATED them. Went back to regular glasses as soon as I could get a replacement pair from the VA. I only need to take off the glasses when I'm reading or doing something up close. I hope they work better for you.

Tossing a prayer your way specifically, and for all the others who are a part of, and those who visit (Ghost) our forum. From what I've gathered over the years, Fibro is often co-morbid with some other fun stuff.

Barberian, I think you are great with words because you lifted my soul. As I told fox I tried the progressive/no line bifocals two years ago, and they were useless, so this time I got the  line, and they are working great, perhaps you could try the other kind and see if they help. Just a thought. Thank you so much for the prayer, it's working. Let's avoid the other fun stuff if we can.

Quote from: looneylane on January 06, 2021, 04:15:01 PM
Big hugs my friend!

Thanks I needed that.

So just a little update, Thank all of you that answered, all the support and especially the prayers have not only meant a lot, but have helped immensely. The day I first posted I was extremely scared of what the future holds, if we face the future because Christ has come back. But after a good bit of prayer on my part, plus the prayers you sent up, God has given me a peace about things. He basically told me that He hold tomorrow, that He will provide whatever I need, then He said to me, you don't know but maybe I need you to be blind in that eye in order to reach someone, He didn't say that was set in stone, just that I don't know what He knows, and I can't guess at what He will need in the future. But I told Him, Yes LORD, your servant is ready for whatever you need from me, even if it means losing my site. If only we had more people willing to do what God asked them to do, the world would be a better place.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Dang good sermon!!!  That's faith in a sentence.  :clapping:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk