News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

Please tell me I'm not the only one

Started by Robby, March 10, 2021, 06:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

I went to the pain clinic today, the nurse practitioner said, February's test showed NO medication at all in my urine. I said, wait, I had the same problem at the other clinic, I know for a fact that I took it, because my wife has been watching me, after having the problem a couple times at the first clinic. I told her my body has always done strange things with medication, Sometimes it has no effect on me, as if I didn't take it at all. Other times it's like I took too much. There was one time I had to have an emergency procedure on my spinal chord simulator, and we had to do it with me wide awake because the anesthesia would not work on me. I know there are times my Norco works better than other times. There is no way I skipped my pain pill for a whole month. So I'm wondering if anyone else had drug test show negative when it should show positive, or if there are times that the medicine just doesn't work.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

ronr

Times where it doesn't work, but I've never been tested when it wasn't working to some degree so can't help much with this one.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Never been tested but sure had times when it just plain didn't work.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

The way my current clinic works is, there are three Np's, and they rotate. So you see all three before repeating. Anyway I do not like the one I saw the other day, she acts like we are doing something wrong by being there. Her response to my problem was, "the DEA doesn't care what you think is happening with your body". Which she wasn't wrong, but she didn't have to be such a witch about it.

I can't believe neither of you have been drug tested. The old pain clinic we were tested every visit, the new clinic is once  a month, everybody I know that is on opioids/narcotics is tested at least once a month, no matter where they get their prescriptions.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Barberian

Sorry if this is rambling, I'm pre-caffeinated and my nighttime meds haven't worn off completely yet. And my mother-in-law is probably dying, the wife is a basket case (she is a momma's girl). Me, as I've said before, death isn't that big of a deal, but I'm heartbroken for my wife.

I end up giving blood samples by the dozen when I see a doc. I'm diabetic as well as all the other stuff I have. They test for drugs as part and parcel of the tests (one of the biggest reasons I don't self-medicate with cannabis. It is legal in Ca, but still illegal on the Federal level and the VA is Federal. Some docs really don't care, but some REALLY do. Once it is in my record, there is no going back). The tramadol (opioid) always shows up if I've been taking them. I often don't take them as they don't do a whole lot for me most of the time. They just help me not think about the pain as much, but it is still there if I do the self-awareness mental exercise, Mindfulness I think it's called. (Tramadol and 2nd Lyrica for the day (prescribed) together _ Oh ya they make me feel half drunk :insane: :sleep1:).

I have a few other meds that show up but I can't remember which ones. I don't order refills on Tramadol much either, so I can't be accused of stockpiling them or selling them if they DON"T show up (I do have a 30-day stockpile as recommended). I have had to go through my doc to get some refills because if I don't order them often enough they fall off my refillable list then the pharmacist says it has been too long from my last order to re-prescribe, on their own, I have to go through my doc again (which I can do through emails so far). I can see and order my active medications myself on the VA Myhealthevet website.

I hope they are not accusing you of anything, and you can get your meds without hassle.

And I need to stop here, it just keeps getting longer and longer, much longer than I had planned on.

[Edit] My Tramadol has disappeared from my refillable list again (I just checked, and ordered a few refills of other meds). I'll have to actually see my doc this time I guess. The last emailed req was for a single refill I guess. Just made an appointment - a month away... it will be a phone consult.  ::woody face-palm::

ronr

Oh I get tested alright.  They want to know when the last time you took this & that.  I jus have never been tested when they are working to at least "some" degree.  Pain is normally increasing because of having to travel & sit in the office but it has never been off the scale bad,    yet.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

I imagine the need to test is less of a big deal here in Manitoba but I don't know if that's universally true here.  Just not something my doc thinks is a necessary part of my med regime. 
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

My doses  are so low I probably would come out clean myself lol

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk