News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

God won't do that for me

Started by Robby, May 16, 2021, 05:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

I was listening to my pastor on Facebook Live, while drinking my coffee and catching up on my internet stuff (I've always been a multitasker), but anyway, he was talking about God performing miracles, protecting His children, and other things along those lines. The he said "he can't count the times that he was counseling someone that was going through something bad, and that person would say Oh sure God did that for David, or Isaiah, or three boys in the furnace, or Peter, or Paul, on, and on, but he won't do that for me".

But look at Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.  (also Romans 2:11, Deut. 10:17, 2 Chronicles 19:7 and more both Old and New Testaments). God does not care who you are, as long as we are His children, as long as we have accepted Him as our savior, He will protect us, He will bless us, He will sustain us.

It may not seem like it in the heat of the battle, but we don't see what He's doing behind the scenes. We don't know when He gives us the energy to keep going, sure we got a speeding ticket, but we didn't know He put that cop right there right then to stop us so that we didn't get hit by the truck that ran the stop sign. We don't know that He sent that extra person in our lives to give us some emotional support. We only know what we can see, however He works in the invisible. If we are looking for His blessings, we can see them sometimes, but usually in the heat of the battle, we can't see Him working, it's not until after the victory and we look back, if we look back that we see His hand at work. That's why it's called living by faith. We have to have faith that He is involved in our lives, because we don't usually see it, until after the fact.

So when things are the worst, and you don't think you can make it, look around, look for His hidden hand. Praise Him, and Thank Him for what he is doing. I know it's hard to praise God, when your on your last leg, symbolically laying in the ditch almost defeated, trust me I've been there, but He's the same God on the mountain top, that He is in the valley, or ditch, if He's worthy of our praise when things are going great, He's still worthy when we've been beat down, because it is only by His will and His grace that we are still alive. If we stay faithful during those times, He will reward us for our faithfulness.

I've seen this happen so many times in my life, and yet I still fail to follow my own advice. I still get defeated, and He has to remind me that He is charge. Usually a slap on the back of the head works, and I am so thankful that he loves me enough to slap the back of my head. It may hurt for a minute, but it's worth it, if it makes me remember to follow Him no matter my situation. Even if He didn't reward me, I would still follow Him, because He provided a way for me to have salvation. He is my savior, I am only responsible to Him. I don't need the grace of any man, I have His grace. He is the only forgiveness for sin. He is the only way to heaven. His approval is all I need. I can go straight to Him when I need something, I don't have to worry about someone else talking to Him for me. He is God, He is Yahweh, but he cares enough about me that I have a personal audience with Him. If that isn't love, I don't know what is.

Love all of you, and pray for all of you, I hope you do the same for me.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

looneylane

Barberian

Quote from: Robby on May 16, 2021, 05:23:57 PM
Love all of you, and pray for all of you, I hope you do the same for me.

I've lost track of the number of times I have prayed for the members of this forum (active AND ghosts). I learned LONG ago that the Lord wants to be remembered when things are going well, as well as when things are not going so well. Most people forget the Lord when things are going well for them, and only turn to him when things are falling apart around them. I do my best to turn to him regardless of how my life is going (it ends up I do best both when things are going very well or very bad, I don't do quite as good when things are boring simply because I tend to forget (but I'm doing better since I started taking lessons from my church and reading my bible almost every night ~ almost a year now)).

Robby

Quote from: Barberian on May 17, 2021, 03:20:40 AM
and reading my bible almost every night ~ almost a year now)).

Yea! Congratulations! It does help doesn't it. Theses days I"m not always able to, mainly because the way my mind is, I read a verse and have no idea what I just read, even if it's one I can say by heart. By that I mean, I don't know what words I just read, forget about the meaning, my mind didn't even realize I was reading. Then there are the days the pain is so bad, that I can't concentrate, or even hold the Bible. That's my biggest areas of doubt, I can't understand how or why God would give me the health problems I have that keep me from studying, or worshipping Him. Since He commanded us to always be in His word, and Worshiping Him. But, I do know that His ways are not my ways, and He sees the big picture, and I struggle to see the small picture, and I know He told us to just trust Him, that He has a plan and will tell us what it is, when we need to know and not before. (I'm paraphrasing). So I go with it, and wait for His leading.
/>----------

Hollywood

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic

God sure moves in mysterious ways.  I woke up "miserable" as usual, so I typed in how to find peace in Christ on YouTube. And I've watched a couple of testimonies and it wasn't helping.

I honestly was pissed because Why does God help all these people and i've been praying since i was a little kid.

Then for some reason i came on here and was going to post a new thread about how to stay connected to God when everything seems like hell?

And "Bam" what do i see?

Robby's post.

I have tears in my eyes and my heart is full again, and my leg pain has magically just disapeared!!!

This was supposed to be here and I was supposed to read it, right now as it happened.

Thank You Jesus for answering me, thank you for sustaining me and carrying me all these years.

Thank Robby You were meant to post this.

You may have saved a life.

Stephen Michael Dirse

foxgrove

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Barberian

Hollywood, I hope your load gets lighter and easier to carry. :sadhug: ::sunshine::  :smiley praying:

Robby

Hollywood, there is so much in your post, I want to respond to, that I don't even know where to start. All I can say is PRAISE GOD. When was this originally posted, May 16th, FOUR whole months before it was really needed. Trust me, I take no credit for it. All I did was to obey God and write what He put on my heart. I had to go back and read what I wrote, and believe me, I'm not smart enough to write that, not without God's hand holding mine, while He whispered in my ear.

I am so glad that I was able to deliver the message God had for you. I am humbled, and elated that He chose to use me. of all people, he chose ME. So you've been a blessing to me. I've found the secret to being used, and that is you don't look for ways, don't try to figure out what He wants you to do. Just be available when He calls, At least that's what works for me, someone else may tell you different, and that's ok too, we are different people, He will approach each of us according to our own personality. I know He has a plan for you, and when the time comes He will give you what you need to succeed, if you just follow Him.
/>----------

looneylane

Hollywood

Stephen Michael Dirse

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk