News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

Fight for MMJ against "religious" people

Started by Robby, May 30, 2021, 07:50:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

I hope this is the right section for this, if not let me know which one and I'll move it. I know we aren't real strict on stuff but still...

Right now Mississippi is in a fight for the legalization of mmj, we had a referendum and vote, (this is the part that really shocked me) 74% of the voters agreed to vote it in (when was the last time in the history of the world 74% of voters agreed on anything?). Well 6 months after the election, just 3 weeks before the law took affect, some dispenseries had received their permits,  the state supreme court decided the vote was illegal because of what amounts to a typo in the state constitution. However they have no problem with the other 8 things that passed the exact same way. Now  we have politicians that have voiced support, but also said they don't support. You know that politician double speak that let's them make everybody "happy". So we have organized a protest group to make sure things get corrected. The politicians are already feeling the heat as some are calling for a special session to approve mmj. But the governor is dragging his feet. I do have to agree with him to a point, but he's avoiding the situation by saying he's working on it. But he said he doesn't want to call a special session until everyone is on the same page so once the get to the capitol it will only take a couple hours to vote, pass the bill and go home so they don't waste a bunch of taxpayer money. Don't you love it when they decide not to waste taxpayer money when it's serves their purpose?

Anyway by accident I came across something, and then a little more research I came across a few gems in the Bible, and now I really believe there's more, I just haven't had a chance to really look. (This isn't the purpose of this post, but if you know of another verse let me know). But, here they are.....

Genesis 2-29: ?And God said, behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, which is the fruit of the tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

Or as a lot of churches interrpert this, "And God said, behold I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of the earth except the ones the pastor doesn't like". That's why I have become spiritual with my relationship with God letting Him tell me what He wants me to know instead of letting man screw up the message.

http://www.herbmuseum.ca/content/keneh-bosem-exodus-3023
     Then the Lord said to Moses, "Take the following fine spices: 500 shekels of liquid myrrh, half as much of fragrant cinnamon, 250 shekels of q'aneh-bosm, 500 shekels of cassia-- all according to the sanctuary shekel-- and a hind of olive oil. Make these into a sacred anointing oil, a fragrant blend, the work of a perfumer. It will be the sacred anointing oil. Then use it to anoint the Tent of the Meeting, the art of the Testimony, the table and all its articles, the lampstand [sic] and its accessories, the alter of incense, the alter of burnt offering and all its utensils, and the basin with its stand. You shall consecrate them so that they will be most holy, and whatever touches them will be holy.
    Anoint Aaron and his sons and consecrate them so they may serve me as priests. Say to the Israelites, "This is to be my sacred anointing oil for the generations to come. Do not pour it on men's bodies and do not make any oil with the same formula. It is sacred, and you are to consider it sacred. Whoever makes perfume like it and whoever puts it on anyone other than a priest must be cut off from his people." (Exodus 30: 22-23)

As one shekel equals approximately 16.37 grams, this means that the THC of over 9 pounds of flowering cannabis tops, were extracted into a hind, about 6.5 liters of oil. The entheogenic effects of such a solution, even when applied topically would undoubtedly have been intense. Only those who have been "dedicated by the anointing oil of God" (Leviticus 21:20) were permitted to act as priests...

"Around 1980, etymologists at Hebrew University in Jerusalem confirmed that cannabis is mentioned in the Bible by name, Kineboisin (also spelled Kannabosm) in a list of measured ingredients for 'an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of apothecary' to be smeared on the head. The word was mistranslated in King James version as 'calamus' " (Latimer, 1988)

This etymological research was confirmed again that same year by Weston La Barre, who noted that "the term kanebosm occurs as early as both the Aramaic and the Hebrew versions of the Old Testament, hemp being used for rope in Solomon's temple and in priestly robes, as well as ... carried in Biblical caravans". (La Barre, 1980)

Another viewpoint from Ancient Hebrew Research Center

https://www.ancient-hebrew.org/studies-words/facts-about-kaneh-bosem.htm

That's all I'm going to post here, but a quick Search of the the term "Hebrew meaning of Kaneh-Bosem" will yeild any number of results that will say it means cannabis, and was used to anoint the temple, priest and kings/queens of ancient Egypt. As I said to start with these aren't the only two verses but these should be enough to prove that more than likely God himself not only approved but commanded the use of cannibals. Of course you have use discretion in interruption, but this goes a long way toward saying that those that say cannabis is an evil plant from satan, are probably wrong. 

So what do you think?
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

ronr

Quote from: Robby on May 30, 2021, 07:50:56 AM

Anoint Aaron and his sons and consecrate them so they may serve me as priests. Say to the Israelites, "This is to be my sacred anointing oil for the generations to come. Do not pour it on men's bodies and do not make any oil with the same formula. It is sacred, and you are to consider it sacred. Whoever makes perfume like it and whoever puts it on anyone other than a priest must be cut off from his people." (Exodus 30: 22-23)

"Around 1980, etymologists at Hebrew University in Jerusalem confirmed that cannabis is mentioned in the Bible by name, Kineboisin (also spelled Kannabosm) in a list of measured ingredients for 'an oil of holy ointment, an ointment compound after the art of apothecary' to be smeared on the head. The word was mistranslated in King James version as 'calamus' " (Latimer, 1988)

So what do you think?

I think politicians as a whole suck and will say anything to get elected then do whatever they think they can hopefully get away with.  Politics has become a rich man's game that commoners cannot break into without substantial $$$$$ of their own to even start with. Is that getting us the best or the richest smooth talker?

The uses of cannabis are many and varied but hemp has proven to be stronger, more durable and more economical in almost every instance . Since our country has made it illegal it has been necessary to import it for way too many years for commercial use.

The governor obviously is slinging pure fertilizer in my opinion as has been done in a number of states to delay enactment.  PURE fertilizer!

I have a question though on the verses you include that you might clear up for me please.

In the first quote it said "Do not put it on men's bodies" (other than Aaron and his sons and priests with severe penalties attached.)

The second quote states "the art of apothecary' to be smeared on the head."

How is it that this two can interact and mesh to argue for a common goal?  I don't understand.

I agree with you that it should be enacted into law and utilized at every opportunity.  Did God give man specific receptors to utilize the THC compounds yet expect them to be ignored?.  Research into how it may best be utilized has not been able to be done because of the legal status yet the government has had a farm to produce it for years.  Are they growing it for their own personal use?.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

I'm going to tackle your last statement first, you mentioned the governments one and only legal pot farm in the US. That only pot farm has been located in MS at University of Mississippi (Ole Miss), since 1968. About 45 minutes from my house. That sucks the big one. That close yet so far. LOL.

Now for your other questions, I'm going to let the website I visited explain it, because I couldn't do it this good. But my impression is most of it is more ceremonial/figurative than actual reasons (not saying God didn't have a reason, ok, try to guess what I meant, because I can't think of the words right now. But 10 minutes after going to bed, it'll hit me).  Link at bottom If this doesn't help, let me know.

a. Make from these a holy anointing oil, an ointment compounded according to the art of the perfumer: This oil was used for anointing the priests and the articles pertaining to service. It was regarded as a sacred compound that could not be imitated nor used as normal perfuming oil.

b. It shall not be poured on man?s flesh: Since oil is emblematic of the Holy Spirit, we see that the Holy Spirit is not poured out to enhance our flesh, but to glorify Himself.

c. Nor shall you make any other like it? it is holy, and it shall be holy to you: This shows that the work of the Holy Spirit is never to be imitated. There is to be no place for encouraging a man-made imitation of the gifts or operations of the Holy Spirit. To do this denies the holiness of the Holy Spirit, regarding His work as something we can do just as well on our own.

i. ?Very solemn are the injunctions that neither the sacred oil nor the holy incense was to be used in any way for personal gratification.? (Morgan)

https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/exodus-30/
/>----------

Barberian

I believe:

1. Everything God made, he made for us to use (responsibly and in moderation, even toxic poisons often have therapeutic effects in the right dosages, and non-toxic substances can become toxic in high enough concentrations. You can actually die of water intoxication/poisoning if you drink too much of it (not drowning, but actual poisoning)).

2. The original goal of making cannabis illegal was a legal trap for black and brown people, who used to enjoy it as modernists use beer and spirits. Do a little research on this if you don't believe me, but the history on this has been muddied. The reason it stays illegal is the profit law enforcement agencies get in gov. funding and fines/forfitures, and the politicians/preachers have a "Deamon" to slay in their election/re-election campaigns.

I had more on this topic, but it ran away to the depths of my empty mind.

Robby

Quote from: Barberian on May 31, 2021, 01:56:09 AM

I had more on this topic, but it ran away to the depths of my empty mind.

I know that spot well, I've had to find so many thoughts there.

I agree with you. I didn't know it was to trap certain people, I just assumed it was the religious bunch. Back when the politicians were trying to legislate religion and morality. But I have no doubt your right.

I know some of the legality now is pure greed. Some is the politician actually believes the bs they say about how evil it is. Then the last is they made sure people knew they were against it, when that's what go them elected, but now that the truth is getting out, and people want it legalized, they don't want to say anything different from what they said before, that will make it look like they can change their mind, when they are wrong, and they are never wrong.
/>----------

ronr

Ok then, 3rd try with wacked out tablet. That I don't have Lazarus on on just dropped tonight dammmmm.

I understand how it was to be used in a very specific formula to anoint for holy use.  It then says to not pour on men's bodies which is where an outsider like the governor is going to protest.

Whereas Genesis 2 indicates everyone should use it for any and all uses.  There again the outsider is gonna say whoa there.

I'm playing devil's advocate in trying to tell you what you might expect from the politicians.  They only lie when their mouth is open is what I've heard.

Hope this helps explain "something."

Barberian

I wasn't trying to contradict you ronr, I understand the Bible has certain "Holy" things and rights no man should attempt to attain or use, like the ark of the covenant. I hope I named the right ark, just read about it a few months ago...

ronr

No contradiction felt.  Just trying thru the fog to present views that the legal overseer class
might present.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk