News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

Knee replacement surgery

Started by Bob, August 14, 2021, 11:30:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Hello Gents!

Next Friday I am to undergo a Full Knee Replacement Surgery!  Yea !   : :( :  I have fought a battle with this knee for the last couple of yrs and , frankly, I lost a LONG time ago but, just wasn't smart enough to acknowledge it.

I have had quite a few surgeries over the years (somewhere in the neighborhood of 12- 15) (i imagine many of you have ridden in the same boat).  there have been only a couple that scared me (more than just the "jitters") and , well, this is one of them. about 3 yrs ago I had a partial replacement (of the other knee) and woke up from that surgery with the worst pain I have EVER felt.  I was absolutely panicky . In preparing for this one I have been reminded ( TOO MANY TIMES) that a full replacement is MUCH harder.   I did NOT need to hear that ... over and over again!

Anyway I AM feeling much better about the surgery but, would appreciate your prayers !

Thank-you  very much!!!

Barberian

Robby

/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

ronr

Harder in the therapy phase most likely although initial recovery can be a real bear for us too.  That stuff is just something to be avoided and by delaying like most people do, the surround structures have worsened with time.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Keeping you in my prayers, Bob! <3
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Bob

IDK if this is a sign or what  but,  the nerve stim's (I have impanted in my neck - for occipital neuralgia) battery appears to be going out.  had a sudden increase in pain (a rather large one).  things are a little better when I turn it up but still not right. 

I have to say ... Even though I have been feeling some better and had improveent in attitude ... I am still growing tired of the CHRONIC PAIN LIFE!!!  (I know I am not alone)

Well, thx and best to  you gents~!

foxgrove

Yup... you are in good )or bad if you prefer) company when it comes to pain.  We done knows our pain, yup, uh huh!!  :biggrin:  Yeah, it sucks. 

Is the nerve stim one of those impossible to change batteries thing?  Wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to just snuggle up to a charger and have it back up to full power.  Hope you can get it sorted out.  How "nice" of your body to throw another thing at you.  {sigh}

Keepin you in my thoughts, brother.  Hang in there... lower pain ahead. :bighug:

Foxgrove

Bob

Well, I made it thru Surgery and , surprisingly enough, once I got thru the 1st 2 & 1/2 hrs after surgery I've done great.  However, that 2 and 1/2 hrs were a DOOZY!!! 

Basically, I writhed around begging God to stop the pain (I don't remember that part - I do remember the pain and writhing around)

Thanks for your comments and prayers!

Regarding my OTHER issue (my "Stim") things have gotten back to Normal.  I guess, for some unkown reason, I experienced a "flare" of my Occipital Neuralgia. 

As you ALL know - "Life can be a dream..."

I hope you all are doing well and pls be safe this wknd (while having fun  :insane:)

ronr

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

foxgrove

Good to hear things went "well"... I imagine you could have done without the 2 1/2 hours of agony.  Sure feel you there.  Here's to getting out there and dancing again. well... ok, let's set that bar a little... lower???  (can't imagine trying to bend under a lower bar but there you go) and say walking without pain maybe... Get better soon, brother.  We're pulling for you. :great:

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk