News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

Suboxone

Started by Bob, October 02, 2021, 09:22:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Gentlemen,

I have had to switch from Levorphanol (which worked real well) to Suboxone.  there is only 1 company that makes Levorphanol an they are having some kind of prob w/ shipping. 

Anyway, this morning Because I forgot I took my subby 6 hrs late.  Now, my question is: how much of the dose do I take (I decided to go with1/2 a strip.  Additionally, does the mere fact that I didnt notice that I had't taken it unttil 6 hrs later indicate that I am taking too high of a dose? 

A number of yrs ago I took subby and , according to my wife, was always like a Zombie and she (and me) doesn't want to go through that again. Of course I was taking 3 full strips back then and now ony taking 2.

As always ... Thanks!

ronr

No experience with this but forgetting meds is TOO easy.  I set alarms and still catch myself turning off the alarm and not taking the meds.

In this situation  I would take half-dose to see if that will do until next full dose.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

Quote from: RonI set alarms and still catch myself turning off the alarm and not taking the meds.

:Ron, think that's bad, I have an alarm set for 7:15pm every night the alarm comes on, I tell Aaron, to take his, and I'm supposed to take mine then too, I get mine somewhere between 11:00 11:30, then I have to get out of bed to go get it.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

looneylane

My wife set an afternoon alarm on her phone to make sure I take my meds lol. She was hoping it would make me set my own alarm but I actually like her reminding me to take it.

foxgrove

I am constantly battling not taking my meds on time... between Jo and myself, I think we have like 4 alarms that go off... combine fog with attention deficit and you've got the makings of either a hilarious sitcom or a bad med compliance history.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Bob

Like the rest of you I struggle with remembering my meds.  Alarms and all.  What's worse Later in the day I begin having extra pain. then I spend the rest of the day trying to figure out what is causing the prob. When I finally figure it out it is too late to take so, you wait til next dose then be patient until levels are back up.

I recently found that there are companies that will manage your meds for you and you get them pre- pkgd.  IDK the cost of this svc though

ronr

Bet they still don't call at the appropriate times to remind you.

Barberian

Quote from: Bob on October 20, 2021, 03:15:12 PM

I recently found that there are companies that will manage your meds for you and you get them pre- pkgd.  IDK the cost of this svc though

I just saw an advertisement on FB for a service like this, all your meds for a given time, like bedtime in one package. I was thinking darn, that would be helpful, then my second thought was "I bet the VA doesn't cover that, and I couldn't afford that".

looneylane

For a small fee our pharmacy will presort and package by time of day but you still have to remember to take them. The hard part is i have a few that i only take as needed

foxgrove

Mine will do the same kind of thing... bubble packed for convenience so when you miss them, they're all nicely staring at you from behind their safe little bubble pack... Trust me, my issue is not related to missing certain meds, it's missing all my meds... It sure works well, though, when you are trying to figure out what meds to take at a certain time.  I also use a med reminder container that lets me take time when my mind is clearer to put all the meds in for the next week.  Only wish those good brain times came on a regular one week spacing.  Generally, Monday or so is when I remember the meds were supposed to be dispensed for Sunday.  Ug!!

Foxgrove

Barberian

A while back (many months ago) I saw on the interwebs an internet connected pill dispenser. It could dispense around 10 dif meds in combinations that you set up. a few in the am, a few different in the pm, and a few more different at bedtime. It was a bit pricy for me, but I liked the idea.

Bob

I haven't chkd it out but, I question the cost.  I recently had several appts for Phys therapy (for knee surgery) and it was the therapist that directed me to this option.  She said that the patient['s cost wouldn't be any more than your co-pays.

As far as why I like the idea: once a wk I pour my meds for the wk and lately I seem to make , at least, one mistake a wk.  Of course I generally I realize that mistake after spending a day, or more in extra pain or some other prob.

foxgrove

Well... I might have found a couple that might be the one you were talking about, Barberian...  Costly little suckers though, and not exactly portable. 

Hero Health med dispenser costs $1299 plus a monthly subscription of $29.99... that's gonna add up REAL quick!! 
      https://join.herohealth.com/qjzo-g/manage-my-meds/

MedaCube costs more at $1749 but has no ongoing costs that I could see... might be some sort of cost if there's no WiFi and it has to go through cell phones but I believe that's only if you require remote caregiving.
      https://www.medacube.com/technology/?correlationId=a6f4cd33-d7a0-4b2b-b0d6-f7af63a28b4a

Didn't look like either device can handle injections or liquids well but they do have reminders built in to them.  I think I'd have to muck up an awful lot of doses to justify the cost of either unit.  I think for now I'll stick with my $4.99 med reminder and lots and lots of phone reminders... Gotta change the chime on those to Jo-Anne's voice telling me to "take your pills right NOW!!!"  :biggrin:

Foxgrove

ronr

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk