News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

I went and dell hard again

Started by Barberian, March 19, 2022, 08:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barberian

This time I had my grandson (age eight) picked up and was on my chest/stomach as I stood there. I backed up and tripped and fell on the concrete and the tounge of my small trailer on my back (it was disconnected and on the ground). I hurt two ribs on my left side (last time is my right side) and my spine from just below my shoulder blades up to my head. it varies where it hurts the most. I can barely stand up most of the time. I blacked out for a short time from the pain. when I came to, my wife was urgently asking me if I NEEDED AN AMBULANCE. I said no a few times. and after a few more minutes I started to get up, which took a while. My wife asked a few more times if I needed an ambulance. now I am just in pain doing as little as I can and pretty much staying immobile.

foxgrove

Oh dude!!!  Oh, that hurts just thinking about it.  Please get yourself checked out to make sure you didn't do anything that would require a doctor's intervention.  That sounds like a horrible way to fall and horrible things to fall on.  Got you in my prayers, bro.  I'm gonna guess that tonight is going to include lots of pain meds! :cry2:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

Barberian be sure to get checked out if you don't improve

ronr

shut up  shut up  shut up. !

Don't wait thinking it will get better.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

I swear me and you both need to be bubble wrapped. I got out of the shower the other day, and sat on the toilet to get dressed. I got up and started toward the bathroom door. Then it was like someone/something pushed me backwards hard. I started stumbling backward, for absolutely no reason, which is the way I work that, my legs just suddenly decide to do something different than what they are supposed to do. I was trying to grab the lavetory, or sink, whatever I could, manged to get a hold of the cabinet, but between the slick surface, and the slick undercarriage. For some reason, I think it was the way I was trying to hold the cabinet, I turned a little, my feet hit the toilet, my calves also hit the toilet, so at that point I had no choice but to sit back down. As I did that, my arm just below the elbow hit the seat that was up, and by the time I got stopped, I had a scrape just over 2 inches long. It wasn't deep, or gouged. I just scrapped off the top 2 layers of skin. That's not the only time I have either fell or almost fell in the last couple of weeks.

My legs just stop working. my knees will just buckle without warning, or  I usually say "I just lost my balance". but that's not exactly what happens, it's not my balance, my legs just get to weak, or stop cooperating with my brain, or something I don't really know, it's just simpler to say lost my balance. I've had a nurse practitioner, a physical therapist, and the supervisor over the phys. ther dept. He has extra letters after his name, all tell me that it sounds like pressure is being put on the nerves. They are not being pinched, yet, but it is working that direction. For now the nerves are being squeezed enough to block all signals from the brain, for a split second, just long enough to make me fall. I was told by the best, the formost, most awarded neurosurgeon in a 350 mile radius,  what 20 years ago, back in 2002, that in 5 years or less I would be in a wheelchair permanently, because there are one or three ways or more that my nerves would either be damaged enough, or just cut completely. I fooled him, you can't stop my stubborn butt that easily. That's probably about 50% of my problems with my back. I would start a new job, and it never failed, someone would say "OH wait, your not big enough to do that, it's too heavy for you". I would look and smile and say, "hide and watch me". They were right, it was to heavy for me, but I be ()*&% if I let them know that. So I would move it, lay it down, stand it up, pick it up, whatever. I mean at the time I weighed 98 lbs, (44kg) and on a daily basis I was lifting and carrying stuff that weighed 180 pounds (82kg). Can you understand why I think I screwed myself?
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Yup... sounds like my teenage years.  Got involved in hauling some stuff that was way too heavy and required throwing it onto a wagon above my head... let's just say my chiro journey started early.

Foxgrove

Barberian

well, it's been a few days now. I'm pretty sure nothing is broken (ribs), they just hurt like crazy if I cough, or sneeze, or turn, or hick-up, or... I can lay on my back in bed and almost feel normal. I am on Narco, Lyrica, and 800mg Motrin. I had to crawl on my hands and knees yesterday to get in the truck, it wasn't easy, to say the least. I'd type more, but this hurts holding my head up so I can see the keyboard.

Glad u didn't get hurt too bad Robby, and I agree with the bubble wrap, I fall several times a day, but there is almost always something near to catch myself before I totally wipe out. my biggest chance of a total wipeout is if I start to fall backward, there is just no way for me to catch myself usually.

Robby

I would upload a picture of my arm, where I fell back onto the toilet the other day, but it's not very NSFW. As I sat back down, my right arm slid across the toilet lid. it reminds me of taking a bulldozer, and just smoothing out the very top layer of dirt. It just pushed off the top (maybe some of the second layer) of skin in a place about a quarter of an inch wide (or about the width of a #2 pencil), and about half the length of a pencil. Now the bruise around the scrape is what hurts the most. It reaches from my elbow almost to my wrist, and most of the way around my arm. The scrape itself does hurt a good bit but I can't let the bruise touch anything.

An another note, When I mentioned the #2 pencil, Yes, I am old enough to remember when "#" stood for "Number" or "pound", before it became hashtag.  :lmao:
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Barberian, did you go and get checked out???

Foxgrove

Barberian

Quote from: foxgrove on March 23, 2022, 07:28:43 AM
Barberian, did you go and get checked out???

no, they only x-ray and tell me they will have it looked at, here is some pain meds until then. I still had some Narco and Motrin left over from the first accident. I'm pretty much back to normal, just sore as heck, did more injury to my back and neck than I thought, less to my ribs, only two got hurt this time, and they make me screen when I cough or sneeze, but are ok if I'm not moving they don"t hurt too much,

sorry if this is rambling. was going to bed, but wanted to check the forum. :sleep1:

foxgrove

Ok, Mr Knievel.  Here's your helmet.  :lmao: :rotfl:  Glad to hear you're doing better.  You're one crazy cowboy, dude. :bighug:

Foxgrove

denny

Sorry masterB.
I once fell asleep on the can and woke on the floor. :laughbounce2:

I hope you dont find damage on down the line.
I discovered my
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

ronr

::woody face-palm::  :: sick in bed ::

Go ahead & tell us,  how bad is it ???
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk