News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

Broken teeth... or as I like to put it another swell day on planet earth......

Started by looneylane, July 14, 2022, 11:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

looneylane

I have lost several teeth over the past while and I had one filling that fell apart and took six months to get in to have the roots and leftover shards removed. They gave me lots of local but I always have the same issue it either doesn't work or wears off super quick. He had to grind flat spots several times so he could snap it apart it took an hour and there is still one piece of root he couldn't get without doing damage to my jaw during this I felt everything and finally had to get him to stop... not from breaking the tooth out I could handle that! no he had managed to pinch my lip, mouth and face with the dental pliers which if the freezing worked I wouldn't have felt at all.
   This past two weeks have been like that extraction painful, broken and nothing going the way it should. A few more repairs on the mower several wheelbarrows full of cones and broken tree limbs. scheduling our buildings upgrade for the included tv service several other repairs including a broken toilet leaking all over broken hand railing I only found out because I had to check the electrical room a broken door lock I had to drill out and replace our Handyman wasn't available until today and some were emergency repairs that tenants couldn't do without oh and we are storing a tenants fridge contents as the delivery truck bringing out a replacement first didn't show or call and then their truck broke down on route they aren't answering their phone so here we are a week late on their delivery. If I owned a delivery company and our main truck broke down I would rent a u haul and get the deliveries out but that is just me thinking of customers waiting over a week for appliances and delivery bought and paid for.

foxgrove

Excuse my French but c'est de la merde!!!  Wow, dude. That's nasty! Teeth can be the end of a guy! I hope it's over and done with. Man, that can really suck on the bank account too! It's incredible how fast it adds up. Damn!!! Sore mouth is a sure bet for a wanker of a day. Heal up quick, mate.

By the way... if you get a change to tweak the ear of any of those in charge of delivering (obviously not the drivers), please tweak their ear a little extra hard for me. I'm right cheesed off at them. You tell me a date, you better be ready to throw... ok... he's been tranquilized now so we'll sigh off for a while...

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

ronr

NASTY tooth issues.  Maybe they can try again in a few weeks to put you in more pain.

Delivery sux but get a rental truck is all they have to do like you said.

:yikes:  :blowup:
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

Do like I did a couple months ago, I got irate with the local store manager, so I called coperate, I was told I had to go through the store, and the regional manager, blah blahblah, which is how I normally do it, but those options had failed. So I just started dialing the coperate, I gave her my name and number, hung up and immeately hit redial, told her my name, hung up hit redial after 15 min. I paused for 5 minutes, no call back, I started calling them again, after 15 minutes of tying up the phone line, I would take a 5 min break, then call hang up, immediately redial, and I told the recetptionist sever times I would quit when somebody that could do somehing would call me back, or she transferred me to them. It only took about 45 minutes, a vice president of operations called me, he was mad and thought he was going to intimideate me into not calling again. I just flat out told him, I would call until somebody did something about that manager, he listened to what was going on. Then said they had to follow company policy on things, so he would have the regional manager call me. He did, and once I explained to him what was going on, and not what the manager was telling him, and told him I had proof I could send him to show I was telling the truth. He told me the manager was wrong, and what was going to happen as far as my account, and that someone from the store would call me in just about an hour, to give them time to make sure they had thing in order. I said no problem. The next month I called and asked for the manager,because I knew she did not like the employees giving out account information, that was her job. Turns out she had a month off work, I wasn't the first to complain about her, not to mention her numbers were not right. I paid them off 6 weeks after I called coperate. Which she was trying to make sure it took longer, and I wouldn't do that. So she wanted to make me.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

looneylane

Yeah I got a hold of the head of shipping and my boss went after the store manager I am pretty sure either they will smarten up or lose a bunch of business as I know my boss has a lot of pull and businesses will refuse to work with a company that doesn't respect it's customers especially when it is about time! If I was an hourly paid employee having me sit on my hands for two days at 10 hours a day that is a minimum 600 dollar bill.   Both of us wondered why they didn't just rent a truck to try and get things out and they had no answer for that as well how did our deliveries get taken off the truck and refilled with the next days deliveries? SO instead of trying to catch up they delayed our deliveries by two weeks? How does that make sense? I will definitely be giving them a bad review on our community page you just don't treat customers that way especially when they knew it was a rush as the tenant needed a fridge to store their medications! Our fridge is still holding her meds for her which I am sure she is frustrated about but thankful it was an option

Robby

Quote from: looneylane on July 17, 2022, 02:05:01 AMgiving them a bad review on our community page

There is also Yelp.com, bbb.org yp.com (go to Google Maps, sign in search for business) then you can select review (I don't remember the exact procedure it's not hard to figure out), I did this a couple years ago with a national company that refused to honor their own warrenty, It took less than 12 hours and the president of the comapany was calling me wanting me to take down the reviews, he also suggested suing me for leaviing fale reviews. I told him to check with these people at  his company, I had only told the truth. If he wanted me to take them down, his company needed to honor it's own warranty. Once I had replacement in hand, I would take them down. Which is what I did. Although I refused to leave a good review in it's place, because that would be a lie.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

looneylane

Air conditioner replaced for a tenant! Fridge is in! Satellite receivers all updated and working! (The installer didn't bother to do the updates and without it  they stopped working entirely) I had to go in several units as some of the tenants couldn't work through it over the phone. I don't think I mentioned about the odd thing that happened at the dentists office, after cracking a big chunk of tooth out the dental assistant kept trying to have an x ray done she was worried about it but the more she insisted the deeper he dug his feet in saying no so she gave me a note and told me to please call if anything didn't feel right. I have shooting pain in my upper jaw up to my nose and up to my right cheek under my eye hurts whenever I bite down. It is settling but I am being real careful.

Really I am just blathering on so I don't have to think about one of my Search and Rescue mentors who passed away...I knew his health was not good but there are only a few SAR guys who put the time in and who really encouraged everyone to the best they could. ...I feel broken inside he will be missed greatly.

ronr

Did the dentist give you any pain meds or anti-biotic?

Nose & under eye sounds like sinus to me.

looneylane

I was given a handful of t3s about 4 days worth 4 a day. The pain radiates up from my right molars and across my orbital bone everything feels solid so maybe it was just inflammation from all the prying. It is weird though I feel pressure from the back of the jaw into my nasal cavity. I am hoping for things to slow down again as there are a number of small jobs I want to get in.

ronr

It's been a week.  You need to call them!  Could be dry socket that they treat with cloves.

foxgrove

Glad to hear it's settling in. That sounds horrendous. I know the exact type of doctor... my dentist is the same. He is God's gift to dental medicine... or something like that. {sigh} Lovely when they screw up and act like a cornered badger instead of simply apologizing and making it right. {sigh} maybe they're quietly tortured souls...

That pain sure sounds like a sinus problem... I'm in the same shape right now but for different reasons. Keep an eye on the pain levels. If it's an infection, it's likely the pain will continue and potentially increase. Keeping you in my thoughts. Hope you can chew again soon. This forced liquid diet stuff sucks!

Foxgrove

ronr

Quote from: foxgrove on July 20, 2022, 09:12:56 PMThat pain sure sounds like a sinus problem... I'm in the same shape right now but for different reasons.

Ditto, chronic sinusitis sux!

looneylane

I still can't eat super chewy or tough food but definitely doing way better thanks everyone! Really hoping for a quiet week I still need to find the breaks in our sprinkler system I put it on hold two weeks ago when everything went nuts around here..

foxgrove

Yeesh... your job sounds an awful lot like Philip and Abigail's. Four of us out there working sunup till sundown and we couldn't keep up with the volume of it. Hope the owner of that place realizes how freakin awesome you are!
:bighug:

Foxgrove

looneylane

They have given me heck a few times and been very thankful to us for the things we get done. I know they are happy we don't call constantly about everything we just deal with it unless it is really an "Owner" issue The sprinkler system might be an owner thing as the installer of the system lives an hour and a half away and he doesn't want to come out unless I can trace the problem areas for him to repair. Sounds like he installed but someone else was hired to maintain it whose number I don't have. I totally get him not wanting to come all this way with no idea of what may need repairs and replacements for with no sure job to recoup for his time. I can get my father in law to help I think but he got rid of all his specialty sprinkler equipment he is a man of many talents but his health has been bad I don't want to have him hurt himself just to help us out. I have a tonne of respect for him

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk