News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Broken teeth... or as I like to put it another swell day on planet earth......

Started by looneylane, July 14, 2022, 11:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood

Thanks Looney for sharing the Gentle Giant story, sounds like a great guy. Usually it's the little guys that start stuff because they have what I call "Little man's complex"

Take it easy Looney  :pals:
Stephen Michael Dirse

looneylane

Not sure why I went back to this old post but just wanted to vent. My Father in law is being treated for cancer so we are spread all over getting things in place to help but I haven't slept through the night in months as well I took myself off of one of my meds as it helped me sleep a bit but has totally messed my memory to the point I can't remember anything unless I write notes or get kim to send me notes as a text message. I hate the lack of sleep but the memory issue is a huge problem. If I don't check in much it is most likely I have just forgotten to check things... Hopefully the break from the meds will allow me to remember and hopefully my sleep will recover. You all are in my thoughts and prayers (as long as my memory works lol)

foxgrove

Keeping Kim and her dad in our prayers. I'm so sad that this is happening to him but I know he's got the best caregivers around him and the best physician ever on his side. I sure hear you about meds. Man can those things screw you up fast! Hoping you get some well deserved rest and your memory works too. It's so freaking demoralizing to never remember things. It makes it hard to feel functional; even if your hands and feet work, you still can't get through things because you can't concentrate or be where you need to be on time. Take your cues from Kim... she's got you on this one. Just relax, accept that things are going to slip through the seive and know that it's ok. You will adapt to this, I know you will. Just hope that there is something that can be done to help you in the short term.

Just keep it real and do what's necessary in the moment if you can. We love you, bro. Never forget that!
:bighug:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Only dealing with the health problems, and not bad employees of bad companies that you have to deal with, so much sounds just like me..... funny how we were brought together for a "disease that does not exist", and not only do we have so many things in common where fibro is concerned, but the other things I noticed.....

medication, especially anesthesia does stupid things, if it does anything at all. I've had to undergo emergency procedures with only lidocaine, after the anesthesia completely failed to put me to sleep. I used to get home from work at 2 and 3 am, and drink 1/2 pot of coffee, that was the only way I could go to sleep. I enjoy my coffee, so I would sit there and relax while drinking it.

Had my top teeth pulled at 23, and the bottom pulled at 25. Part of that is family trait, part of that is Osteoporsis/Osteopinna, resulting in some pretty serious bone loss. The extraction process was bad enough, I was pulling bone chips for 6 months. but was 25 years ago, and I have lost so much one mass in and around my  mouth that there is barely any bone left for my dentures to sit on, and I have to use just ungodly amounts of Poli-Griip, to both hold them in, and make them comfortable enough to wear all day. If I wear them over  about 6 hours, my mouth starts to hurt bad enough that I have no choice but to get them out. Once I do get them out usually there is a couple of spots that hurts so bad that I can only move my  mouth so far. I have to drink through a straw for a little while, because it hurts to bad to drink from a cup. The oral surgeon told me that my teeth looked like they came from someone about 4 times my size. On both sides of the upper one's, there was a molar whose roots actually reached into the sinus cavity. The one on the left, they stitched the hole and in a couple weeks it had healed over. The right side, the surgeon that took out the bottom teeth scraped the hole, and restitched two years after it was originally opened, and restitched it again a month later, and finally got it to heal over. But, I had gotten used to it being there, and when I would get a sinus infection, (twice a year every year, if not 3 or more times a year), I would take a mouth full of peroxide, and push up through that hole, until I had foam come out my nose. Voila, no more sinus infection, with no anti-biotics either.

Fortunately, the only maintience I'm in charge of is what is right here in my house, and not dealing with a bunch of residents. But let me tell you it's been hell around here, To start with we had 3 leaks under the kitchen sink. I finally got those all fixed, so now I get to replace the cabinet floor, and hopefully not the  sub-floor. Also while waiting for that to dry out to see if I had the leaks stopped, when they put the trailer in, they hooked both toilets to the hot water side. I've been trying to figure out what the best way of fixing that would be, I was not climbing under the trailer. Brandon knows how to work with cpvc, but he isn't always able to plan out the work. IF I tell him, to cut here, and cut here, connect this one and this one. He can follow my directions, but for him to find the cold water, and then plan on what connections will be needed blah, blah, blah. I have not been able to afford to pay someone to do it.

A while back, it hit me, and I don't know what took so long, I unscrewed the supply line from the floor valve, , hooked another supply line to that one, unhooked the bathroom sink from the supply valve, and added in a tee valve, hooked every  thing together. Problem is, the faucet was 1/2 mip, somehow the original plumbers managed to get a 7/8 fip to seal off, for 5 year. I also wanted to stay with 1/2 valve to 1/2 faucet, but you can not buy the required fittings for that particular setup. So I tried a couple different routes, which it would start leaking every time. I finally said to heck with it, and threw a 1/2 to 3/8 reducer, now it's all working now. So I can go back to the kitchen. right here at Thanksgiving. I also still have to move the boys toilet over to the sink supply and off the hot water. On top of that, the shower/tub in the boys bathroom, has been leaking, and that leak has spread under a wall into the living room, We noticed there was mushrooms growing  out of the shoe molding/baseboard area.  The plan is to remove the tub, and just put in a shower stall. While working on that, we have one of those stupid garden tubs in our bath that's coming out, and a larger shower put in. Our shower is just barely big enough for a person to turn around. If I remember the measurements, are 2ftX3ft.  When we first moved in, I was thinking oh that huge tub is going to be great, I can't sit in a regular tub, but that looks so comfortable, and the hot water, great. The 2nd and 3rd time I tried to  use it, I turned on the hot water only, no cold at all. by the time it was full my 50 gal water heater, had ran out of hot water, and the tub was too cold to actually sit there. The third time, the water was cold enough that it really kicked  my fibro into high gear. I had to call my older two boys to come get me out of the tub. It didn't bother me at all, I have no shame. But that was the last thing they wanted to see. So when the faucet started leaking with the water off, I capped those lines and removed the water from it. Anyway, if someone wants to have fun, come on by, and we'll jump into some plumbing and carpentry. I would have my dad come help me, but he got the "long covid" a year ago, and he's still not able to do what he used to do. First time I have done any major maintaince without him. I'm not worried about my skill or knowledge, it's just not right if he's not here, and my skill level does not apply if I'm hurting to bad to do anything, I taught Brandon how to do this kind of stuff, if his brain will let him see what I want done.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Foxgrove

looneylane

It is over 300 bucks just for them to come look and they want the septic drained first which is several hundred bucks on top of that... If it hadn't snowed I would just crawl back to bed and hide until the snow was gone.

foxgrove

Wow... that really sounds just greedy, but then again, not every plumber is greedy... some just want to make sure their time is covered.  Still $300... that rate seems excessive. Maybe that's the diagnosis and a couple of hours of work. What's happening with the plumbing?

I sure hear you on the overwhelming part. Man, if I didn't have a wife that would kick my ass out of bed... well, not literally but she does encourage me and help me survive this gulag of a crap disease... well, you know. When I found out I'd f'd up Philip's engine by not torquing the crankshaft bolt in properly, I just about spiraled back into the dark again. Holding you up in my prayers. :bighug:

Foxgrove

Robby

Last time we had to call, it was after hours, so it was $300 just to come out, and an hours diagnostic time, he tried to save us some money and just use the normal size snake, but because it is a 4 inch pipe, he had get the big snake out that is another $200. Stuff like like is like zip tied in the truck, so when they truck is returned they know what equipment was used, so the guys have to charge you right. This was a national company, the total bill was around $550. It stops up every year at the same time, in the same place. About 3 feet out from the corner of the house, and then about 3 ft toward the house from the clean out cap. Half way between the house and cap. There are no joints in that area, so how a 4 inch drain pipes stop up where there is no joint or anything, I don't know, and the pipe is still on a good slope.
/>----------

ronr

Roots penetrating the line would do it.  Roots have a way of making their own joints but same time every year is odd but not unheard of.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

Right where it stops up, it's about 8 inches deep, and the closest tree is probably 100 feet away. I've never heard of grass roots penetrating a 4 inch pvc pipe buried that deep, but I guess there's a first time for everything. The last guy told us that the problem was probably because we were using the pods laundry detergent. He said they are about 10% oil, which turns into grease and will stop up a drainage line quick. We changed to powders, but Brandon insist on using the pods, and says he will pay for a plumber, he's not changing. He gets his stubborn streak from his mom. (shhh she will beat me if she hears that I said that, because according to her she's not stubborn, which just proves my point) Since he buys his own stuff, I can't say much. But I still do it.
/>----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk