News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

sound and electrical body stimulation for chronic pain

Started by ronr, August 21, 2022, 05:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

Most of you should remember ( :rotfl: ) that I've had the spinal cord simulator for maybe 15 years. Yes, I have had a lot of problems, with things like anchors coming lose, and having to go back under the knife to redo that area. I have had a few problems with how it has affected my nervous system.  I'm at a point now where I''m got to just have it removed, because my body just can't handle it. Including one time when I had to go  under the knife, and the anesthesia once again did not affect me. Even after the gave me the maximum amount allowed by law. I weighed 100 pounds (45.3kg), and they had given me enough for a 300 pound (136 kg) person. My body does that with meds sometimes. The battery pack had broke loose, and rubbed a hole in my skin, and was so close to conning out, you could read the serial number through my skin. The doc wanted to put it off, and try to put me to sleep again. I said hell no, I am not taking a chance of it breaking through, just go and and start cutting I promise I will not scream, I will sign whatever I need to. We had a discussion, he didn't want to do that, but he finally did. It hurt like hell, but it didn't hurt as bad as the fibro does, so I kept my promise and did not scream. 

Despite all that, I still recommend it to anyone that is thinking about it. It will lower your pain level by a minimum of 2 points. Think about it,  go from 8 to 6, and there was times I would go from 8 to 4. If anyone has any questions, let me know
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

While it's not implantable, I do have a TENS machine and access to some kickass sounds... thank you internet.  :biggrin:  Maybe some experimentation with using both at the same time will produce some relief. The reason I haven't been a candidate for implanted stim is my pain is too generalized and it doesn't seem to have any specific physiological core to the problem. Of course, they could just wire me up like a Christmas tree but I imagine something more akin to deep brain stimulation will eventually be more appropriate for FMS when they find the core of the issue.

Sucks that you have to go without your stim, Robby. I imagine they aren't looking to upgrade it or anything...
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on August 22, 2022, 08:31:39 AMSucks that you have to go without your stim, Robby. I imagine they aren't looking to upgrade it or anything...

I actually have the latest model, minus a few minor tweaks. This is actually nothing more than a tens unit that is implanted. They suggested I get one, because  I have the break in my spine. It covers the area affected by the nerves that are compromised because of the break, and corresponding bulging disk (surgeon told me in 2004 That in 5 years I would be in a wheelchair, boy did I fool him). At the time the doc's refused to even acknowledge the problems I had with my upper back/shoulders/neck. The doc's I have now, are great about checking things. If it wasn't for these docs, I would not know how bad a shap my neck was in. I Have no cartledge, or that other tissue, my disk are half as big as they are supposed to be, I have spinal stenosis, with all that those nerves are being constricted, causing muscle spasms, phantom pain (level 8). I"lll stop there, but I could go on another 10 min. on my neck/shoulders. I could tell you about how the muscles get so tight, they push my head forward, so I'm looking at the floor, which means I walk into stuff. I could tell you about how sometimes, I get knots in my neck so big and hard, I can not turn, wist, lean to the side or front/back, I won't tell you about how my right shoulder spasms so hard, that it pulls my head over so far that my ear is touching my shoulder. But I won't tell you those things.
/>----------

foxgrove

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on August 26, 2022, 12:33:56 PMYup... you're a puzzlement, Robby. :bighug:

I'll say it again, it's funny cuz it's true.... Thanks for the hug. That's the way most people describe me, I'm a complete contradiction to myself. But despite all those problems, I still suggest if you get the chance you will give it a try.
/>----------

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk