News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Surgery is required

Started by Robby, September 18, 2022, 11:51:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

About 3 weeks ago I thought I had been bit by a brown recluse. So I have been treating it as such. Yesterday I was putting some antibiotics cream on it, when my finger got tangled in the wire and pulled out about a 2 inch loop, of my stimulator wire.

This may work out for the best, I think I've told you that because of the original installing Dr being fired for incompetents, no Dr here would touch me which meant a 4 hour drive one way, to get anything done. Now I'm going through the ER so I feel they will have  a medical obligation to treat me. I'll let. you know what I know when I know, that is if I ever know anything, because here lately "I know nutheng, nutheng".
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

ronr

WOW to say the least.  At least you don't have to worry about sepsis from a spider bite  ::surprised::  ... I guess.?! 

Musta been shorting out for it to feel like a bite but you for certain have proof now.  Hopefully it will reset the doctor system like you said so that you can get some local treatment.  That is unless you've been digging it out with your pocket knife.  They 'might' have questions about that.

Fingers crossed or whatever, hoping for the best.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

looneylane

Here is to them helping you!! 

foxgrove

Dude!! That's crazy! Prayers that they do something to help you out. :bighug:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: ronr on September 18, 2022, 05:49:37 PMWOW to say the least.  At least you don't have to worry about sepsis from a spider bite  ::surprised::  ... I guess.?! 

Musta been shorting out for it to feel like a bite but you for certain have proof now.

Let me explain the spider bite part a little better.The day the wound first showed up, I had to fix a water leak under the bathroom sink. It was just a couple hours after that, that the wound showed up. I had Dawn take a picture so I could see it. Up until I was 18, I had 6 black widow bites, and 7 brown recluse bites. So I look at the picture and it looks just like a brown recluse bite. The muscle bands was extremely visiable. After just a couple of days, the red spot around the open area was the size of my hand. The open area was about 1/4 of that size. But the fact it showed up just shortly after being in that dark cabinet, That's why I though spider bite.

Since then it's been steadily getting better. As of Saturday afternoon, the wound had completely closed, and just a scab about as long as a cigarette butt. Then when I started to put some anti-biotic cream on it, my finger got tangled in  the wire, and pulled it out  I turned it off a year ago, and haven't turned it back on.

I had not thought about it, The original system I had, it felt like an implanted tens unit, After a few years, I just could not stand that buzz buzz buzz, Then I had the 2nd series that you did not feel at all. So I used it awhile, then I noticed that if I turned it up very high, it made my pain worse, but if I didn't have it that high it didn't help any either. Eventually I could not take it any more. Instead of reducing my pain, it would raise my total body pain by at least 2 points. So I just turned it off, and tried to find a good time to drive the 4 hours to the doc's office. So here is where the wire coming out pays off, I hope anyway. But even the ER doc said at this point they have an obligation to treat me despite who put the original system in, 22 or 23 years and 3 battery's ago.
/>----------

foxgrove

Yay!!!  I like hearing that word obligation... that's one of those words that they seem to dodge like the bumper of a Mac truck... but that's beside the point. In any case, I am sure glad they seem to be taking notice of it now. Maybe they'll figure out a way of bringing you some much needed relief while they're at it. :bighug:

Foxgrove

looneylane

Glad to hear at least one dr has integrity!

Hollywood

Stephen Michael Dirse

Robby

I don't know about integrity, he's the one that refused to see me, because I should have seen the ER doc.

This is a true story, when my finger first caught the wire, and I felt it pullout, my first thought was, "what the hell kind of spider was that"

But, anyway, I made it home last night, I feel so much better. They did a CT and an x-ray before doing anything else. The lead on the right side, had moved. So that was part of the reason my pain level was hovering around 8 and 9 the last couple of months.  I'm at about 5 right now.  Now they put  staples in the two wounds, one of those is midway down my hip/buttock. So every time I get up or sit down, those staples scrape the seat, and it gets irritated. But hey, I think I'll be better off now. But despite all of that, I still recommend someone thinking about it, to try it. The first almost 20 years, it was great and made me feel so much better. It's just after 20 years in my body, I want out myself.
/>----------

looneylane

Crazy! I hope for relief for you!

foxgrove

Dude, I know what you mean about wanting out... I'm so ready to let the world stop so I can catch my breath. Wonderful that they actually did something. With wounds like that, I found that mole pads help a great deal to keep the staples from grabbing things.

Foxgrove

Hollywood

Stephen Michael Dirse

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk