News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Face to face

Started by looneylane, July 12, 2023, 03:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

looneylane

Well guys me and Foxgrove got to meet in person which meant the world to me! I have slowly withdrawn from the world around me and developed some anxiety but getting to meet Fox and his wife was a real treat we talked for hours and just had a great visit he is such an awesome guy! I crashed hard after and couldn't get out of bed this morning for quite awhile but totally worth it! If you ever get a chance to meet up do it it is so worth it and even better when it is someone who knows the limitations and the amount of "spoons" you will use up! If your I hate to use the word "Lurking" on here message one of us let us know how your doing we miss you guys!

ronr

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Robby

That's great! I'm jealous, there are several of you I would love to meet up with in person, but I will be surprised it ever happens. Glad you had the opportunity, and I'm sure it will have lasting effects on your mental health.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Totally agree with Looney. It was awesome!!! Took me a couple of beats to recoup this time... doing 2400km (1500 miles) in three days takes more of a toll on my body than it used to, or at least that's what my body is telling me. We got back to Cranbrook and I just crashed for the next 36 hours pretty much solid. We're stretching and medicating and all is back to functional-ish so, God willing, the drive home should be pretty uneventful.

Looney, you and your sweet wife and daughter are so so worth any amount of driving. How awesome was that!! Jo and I were so blessed to finally get those hugs in person. I'm so glad Jo and Kim understand our limitations and knew how to gently pull the plug so we could recoup. Were it up to us, I think we would likely have continued visiting until both our tanks were completely empty. Praise God for wise wives!

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on July 14, 2023, 04:07:09 PMand I just crashed for the next 36 hours pretty much solid.

See you are lucky (I guess, so to speak), if I tried to drive that far, it would take 3 large men with a backboard and a truck with red flashing lights, to get me out of the car. I mean, I would pass out for a few minutes while they were moving me, that's why I know my family couldn't get me out. But sleep is the last thing that would happen for about 3 or 4 days. I would spend a lot of time in a hot shower. I haven't gotten in a bathtub in over 5 years, when I had to have my two boys and my wife to pick me up the way your undressed in the tub. Now I put my phone in a zip lock back and lay it on the floor of the shower so if I fall I can call for help, unless my wife sits in the bathroom with me.
/>----------

foxgrove

Yeah... not a good sleep... lots of waking, medicating, Jo massaging, thumpering (percussion massager), etc etc.. I'm doing slowly better and better. Robby... dude, it hurts to think about what you'd look like at the end of it. I'm glad it was me. I wouldn't sacrifice anyone else for my own crazy vacation thingy. :bighug:

Since then, I haven't done much other than panic, sleep, panic, sleep, work on the website... rinse and repeat. Hopefully the next time we do this, I'll have been able to splain what's happening, how this works, and what we're gonna do so I can recruit some of the willing souls that made such heartfelt offers of assistance. Thanks, guys. It helped knowing that you all were patiently waiting on me to get it done well. I think we're there. Yay!!

Foxgrove

looneylane

I had planned on going to my 40th grad reunion on the weekend but trying to catch up on work sent me spiraling in pain. I didn't have any close friends from this group but there were a few I was looking forward to connecting with I guess it will have to wait until the 50th lol

foxgrove

Yeah... we had to throw in the towel on our high school reunion last year as well. I think it was like the 100th anniversary of the school or something. I don't think anyone I was really close with went, but it would have been nice to reconnect. If I remember correctly, I had spent all my spoons trying to catch up on video editing and was too pooped to pop.

Foxgrove

Robby

Guys, don't feel bad, I went to the 25th anniversary of my church school. I was in the very first kindergarten class, and then I went back for the 7th, 8th, and 9th grade, before leaving again. The reunion was for anyone that had gone there during those 25 years. The person I was the happiest to see was the principle we had during my 7th, and 8th grade, a woman that everyone hated. Everyone but me, I saw through her meanness, and talked to her in a way that let her know I wasn't scared of her, so we got along great. But out of the other 40 or so people, there was maybe 6 I was looking forward to seeing, but once I was, there talking to them, I realized I really didn't care, and was happy that we had not stayed in touch. So it was a great waste of time. 

The funny part was that people that were not there when I was, and I had never met, knew everything about me, I was shocked, when they came up and asked me questions about stuff they should not have known about. Those last three years, the school averaged about 50 students in K-12 grade. My classroom was the 7th-9th the first year, then the 8th-10, etc... And there was only 7 of us in those three grades, the whole time. I left there and went to a high school, that had 600 students in just the 10th grade. Big culture shock. I wasn't bothered or intimidated, it was just a big difference. My point is, you really didn't miss much.
/>----------

ronr

:eek1:  :blue thumbs up:

My feelings also on not missing much.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk