News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Issues with the forum

Started by foxgrove, July 23, 2023, 08:40:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

Only in this one because the best I could count there are 100 total unread posts.  Kind of a lot of posts to be making.

Updated topics is harder to count because the list will only show me1 or two at a time and each has to be cleared seperately.

Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

ronr

No I haven't because there were 100 unread posts as best as I could count and that's a LOT of posts.

Unread topics is worse because it will only display 1 or two at a time and need to be cleared individually.  Correction, only displays individual topics one at a time.

ronr

Then I was getting the error message that Fox wrote of but the posts were going through anyway.

Had to log out for a few min and there was another 50 unread posts when I came back on line.  Haven't checked unread topics yet.

Robby

I was just wondering if posting worked for you too. But I didn't have that many.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Still trying to find a solution but it appears to be related to it's inability to run the background tasks after every new or edited post, reply or message.

Hang in there. Sorry for adding confusion to an already confused life.  :bighug:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

ronr

There is nothing new in most of them & with no new comments etc for over a year.

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on August 06, 2023, 10:39:26 AMHang in there. Sorry for adding confusion to an already confused life.  :bighug:
I have no new confusion, I'm letting you deal with the confusion, and I am just restin' and relaxin', and laughin' because I'm leaving all the confusion for you...
/>----------

Robby

OK, fox, I had to clear my cache (is that pronounced cash, or cash-e??? You see what goes through my mind)

Any way I got in, don't know if that's part of the move or not, probably not but here it is, use it as you wish.

Also, when I opened this thread I noticed there are some post missing. The last post today was the one where I asked ron if he had tried posting in the thread because that worked for me. Then he responded, and you responded, and I responded, I think that's right may not be that many, but seems like there were some after that. I don't remember, but I do know there were some more than I'm seeing today. Again use it as you want, or can, throw the rest away.
/>----------

foxgrove

All looks ok to me, other than that continuing pesky problem of things not working right, that is... What I mean to say is, no problems with the missing or extra posts... we're prone to that sort of thing most days anyways, what with brain fog and all. Still trying to figure out how to FIX the issue. I kinda know what's not working, just not yet how to get it working.  :biggrin:

Foxgrove

ronr

Yesterday it took 18 min for me to clear the unread topics. :emocurse:  :emobadmod:  :blowup:  :blowup:

Today was down to 13 minutes but one only person posted one response to one topic.  :biggrin:  :an cry bukets:

I guess it may be improving A LITTLE. Or was it an accident ????  :giveup:  :giveup:  :giveup:

And of course I get the field id error message when posting.

Robby

Hello :pals:   :hi: Clicking Post doesn't do anything. 
/>----------

Robby

OK, found something else that helps me, I changed my "Unread" bookmark from {MWF>Updated Post>Updated Topics}, to just {MWF>Updated Post} I tried it for a few days before saying anything, I wanted to make sure it wasn't a one time thing, but it's worked correctly for 3 days.

Hope this info helps
/>----------

foxgrove

Well.. we just crossed a threshold where the old hosting plan has gone away and the new hosting plan is all on it's own. If we were still getting echoes of pages from cache, we should start to see the issues now.

Foxgrove

Robby

I edited my last post, but it didn't show up, which is ironic because the edit was to say that when I clicked Post on the original post, I got an error message that said there was an error (don't remember what exactly) and the post did not post. But when I went back it had posted. Does that make sense or did I just talk in fog language LOL???
/>----------

ronr

Did the error message look anything like this?

Field 'id_task' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/u995722637/domains/menwithfibro.com/public_html/community/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 2172

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk