News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Here we go again looking for drugs.

Started by Hollywood, August 13, 2023, 10:22:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood

Well, last Wednesday I dropped 2mg on my pain pump. I'm going to drop 2mgs each time I see the doctor until it is finally empty and I can get it out.

For me it's just a waste because it isn't helping, I've had it in for five years.

But I'm going thru the same thing I did before I had the pump put in, trying to find painkillers. :emobadmod: 

The doctor wrote a script for 10/325 Percocet. Well, guess what No one has them.

I found out that my insurance mail-order pharmacy had Loritab in the same dose.

So my doctor sent the script to them. One person said no problem we will expedite them to you.

Then I get a call from the mail order pharmacy and they say they WON'T send them to me. :emorant:

no explanation, no nothing. So I am going thru the withdrawals without any pain meds. It's not fun. But what else can I do. I refuse to keep this pump in for 3 reasons. One it does not help with the pain after 5 years you become immune.

2. When I was in the Hospital the last few times screaming with 10 pain due to Ecoli, swollen intestines, prostate, and kidney problems where I was a septic blood infection. The doctors couldn't understand the pump is for chronic pain, not acute pain. I don't ever want to go thru that again.
3. The side effects of having this pump in for so long. It's screwing with my internal organs. I have to take pills for my prostate and kidneys. And the total lack of energy.

It would be nice if I could find the pills to take the edge off. I'm taking Motrin when the pain is too :an eyes popping:  much, but that is burning a hole in my stomach. The doctors in the hospital told me NO MORE NSAIDS.
ok, then what am I supposed to do? buy heroin on the street
Stephen Michael Dirse

foxgrove

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Hollywood

Well now it's been almost 2 months now. I have dropped another 2mg so that makes a total of 4mg drop. And It has been a nightmare trying to get anything to help. The DEA needs to be FIRED, they are useless. Can you say there winning the war on drugs? NO.
All they have succeeded in is Making Chronic Pain people go through
 hell.
Since all these new restrictions have been put in place, they have only increased the illegal selling of narcotics. They are NOT saving drug addicts. If you do any research as I have done. The sale of HEROIN has shot up by 200 percent. Now you have desperate 60-year-old ladies that are using heroin for pain.

Well let me tell you since the last drop in pump medicine last Wednesday, I wake up soaking wet with sweat, nightmares worst than my normal nightmares. And the pain, I wake up in the middle of the night in 9 and 3/4 pain. I'm praying this passes soon and would appreciate any prayers sent my way.
I only have 4 mgs to go before the pump is empty and I can have it removed. But this is WAY harder than I expected.
Any way I hope you all are doing well. Thanks for listening to my rant. Also thanks for everything, you know what I mean to those special few. Stephen Michael Dirse.
Stephen Michael Dirse

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Robby

Stephen I am sorry you are going through this. I do understand, not only have I had to ween off a med, but right now we are trying to find someone that has one of my son's meds in stock. This is 3 months now, there is a "nationwide shortage". Yeah right, how can there be a shortage of a popular drug to fight ADHD??? Things were going good, until the manufacturer decided they needed to cut production because of the DEA's war on controlled substance meds. I have been calling 30-35 pharmacies every month, I've looked at driving 2 hours one way to get it if necessary, but as it is no one has it, so we have been having to manage with him for a couple weeks without before we can get more. It would do no good to change the prescription, every drug in that class is short supply. Without it, he gets violent, what the hell are we supposed to do?

Just hang in there, say a  lot of prayers, and I'll say an extra one or three.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Hollywood

Denny I figure you meant the DEA should withdraw forever.

Robby I have the exact thing with my son, except the violence.

My son is in his 3rd year of nursing school, and it's hard, that's what he is saying. Anyway he went to see a Therapist and a General doctor finally. Both said he has ADHD and social anxiety.
But otherwise he is healthy.
I don't know how but he is able to get 2 weeks worth at a time. right now they are going thru trials to see which one is best than he will get a full script.
I don't know about where you are, but what we found is that the 24 hour pharmacies seem to have more meds than a regular 9 to 5 pharmacy. He does alot of driving around and waiting. It's ridiculous in a place like the Untied States of America you can't get a RX. It's the dam DEA they put limits on what can be manufactured. Anyway try the 24 hour ones if you haven't already.

I actually have some good news, I was able to find my Rx at a 24 hour pharmacy. And I took some. I don't know how to describe the feeling. It was so foreign. not to be in pain. I swear for 5+ years now with the stupid pump my wife and I have been dealing with a lot of pain. This was the first time in 5 years that I felt like I was in heaven. I went from 9 pain to 2 pain with one pill. Now I just have to watchout because I don't want to become dependent on pills.
If I knew I could get them all the time I wouldn't care. but the way things are. I can't get physically dependent on anything.
I just thank God for that short time I felt normal, it was amazing.

I will pray for you. I always pray for my Fibro friends.

Stay strong, we can do this together one minute at a time.   
Stephen Michael Dirse

foxgrove

Dude... prayers answered! So glad you've gotten some pain relief. :bighug:

As to the drug stuff... dude, I so hear you. The limitations that go so far beyond taking care of people and into the realm of taking us hostage... there is so much wrong with our legal systems to give them that kind of power.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk