News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Hands

Started by mitchsk, February 20, 2010, 11:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mitchsk

Just getting tired of my damn hands hurting all the time. Drop things, no strength, swelling.

BRPFan

Yeah they do that from time to time with me as well. The top of my hands hurt like heck sometimes and the loss of strenth in my hands is unreal!

Do you do anything when your hands hurt so bad like heat or cool?

96fan

I have similar problems mine are cold and sore. I drop things constantly , Try bio freeze a spray or lotion that I use on my neck knees and hands, just
be careful not to touch your eyes burns badly... I perfer the spray...

http://www.biofreeze.com/

96 fan

waimser

My hands and fingers also hurt very badly. Ive started holding cups and things with only 3 fingers and having my pinky sitting under the cup in a way that the cup cant just slip out of my fingers.

Its a small thing but it helps me alot.

foxgrove

Welcome to the family Mitch from Saskatchewan!!! :welcomeani:

I completely understand what you are saying about your hands.  I have had to mainly switch to using voice recognition for doing my posts and replies as it hurts to type for very long.  Water now comes in unbreakable sups with sip lids and other drinks come in mugs with big handles..  I two-hand everything I can.. I NEVER trust just one hand to do something or for certain something will get dumped!!! It's all part of this entertaining disease brother..

One thing that I HAVE found to help on a daily basis is to soak our hands in really warm water.. (No hotter than 46°C -- 115°F or you could scald yourself) and let them relax as much as possible.  The more you do during the day, the more important this is.  I'm certainly not saying this will take away the fibro pain but it might bring down the extra impact of day to day on your hands.

Hand stretches are really good as well as they lengthen the tendons in the back of your hand taking the strain off the fingers and reducing the day to day pain.  Take care not to overstretch any one muscle or muscle group as that can CAUSE pain instead of relieving or avoiding it.

Be well brother.. drop by often and ask any question you want.  We aren't going anywhere. ;)

Fox
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

rwilli

:)   If my hands get cold I am in a world of hurt. Trying to get that beer from the bottom of the tub full of ice water was the worst, but somehow I managed   :rotfl:  . I am now having cramps and stuck fingers from to much working,pushing, on my bad parts.
     I have had the soles of my feet harden up. No pain, but a really weird feeling. I am sure now it is from FM/CMP . When I stretch my feet out straight or up as far as I can I now can feel them knot up.
 Thankfully no pain involved.                      rwilli

Lame Bear

WELCOME MITCH
Sit back and enjoy your stay here. We are all in the same boat and all trying to row together. This is a great site with tons of info for you about fibro. Take the time to read all the posts you can. Feel free to ask any question you want and you will get an answer here as you can see in this thread. Another thing I like about these guys(and gals) is that I do not need my nomex suit as this site is flame free.

My hands are a constant pain!
My wife thinks it is strange that I like to hand wash the dishes as it takes some of the pain away. Before fibro my hands were warm now they are cold all the time.

All of my working career I worked with my hands and tools, FAA certified Airframe & Powerplant mechanic, auto mechanic, and 37 years as a railroad electrician.

Now my hands are my weak link, no strength, cold, painful, always dropping things and even have 3 fingers on my left hand(Dominant hand) lock up at times.

Mitch why don't you introduce yourself and let us learn a little about you.

:) 8) :)
Why do I always fell like the morning after and never enjoyed the night before?

Rockposer

I get pains on the top of my hands like someone's hammering a 9" nail through them. It's either the fybro or a flashback to being crucified  :unsure:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk