News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Knights of Fibromyalgia

Started by AchinDude, November 07, 2008, 11:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robby

Quote from: old boy on August 18, 2014, 07:54:19 AM
I was having a good day,passed with flying colors.

I am so sorry you are going through this. fortunately I knew to start with that if I'm having a good day  when taking a test, I would fake it the best I could, without it being obvious I was faking. You go just far enough to fake being able to do it, but not so much as your results look sketchy. It's not easy finding that perfect balance, but it can be done.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Oh crud!!!  That's just great... you get an overzealous doctor on a good day and the med plan just falls completely apart.  Sounds like you've got a doctor who needs a good slap on the back of his head.  I think it would be a good idea for you to return to him and ask him to redo the test.  You should never feel that you have to fake a test but there needs to be give and take both ways... your body can certainly do a terrible job one day and a fine job the next.  Fibro is, by it's very nature, a hit and miss thing.  As well.. if he only did the short test, he's not seeing the whole picture.

Keeping you n my prayers brother.  Talk to this guy or get someone else who's willing to work with you.  :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Robby

I should have made it more clear, I don't fake being worse than I am "overall", but if I see that I'm having one of those few good days and the test will make it look like I'm not as bad as I really am, I control the outcome so that the Dr. gets an accurate picture of how I am normally. It's like when you take your car to the mechanics to get a mystery problem fixed, it doesn't matter how bad it's been acting,  you get to the mechanics he test drives it, and can find nothing wrong,  you leave there and get a block down the road and the damn thing starts up again, and it will do no good to go back, it'll just act right again. Now while I was trying to get disability even though at the time I was in a wheelchair,  I felt I needed the test to show what the Dr.'s were looking at, so I practiced until I could control the reflexes in my legs when they hit your knee with the rubber hammer. I could actually keep my legs from jumping,  or at least nowhere near what they are supposed to.

I don't ssee a problem with making sure the Dr see's the way I am 75-95%of the time and not how I am on the one good day in a 3 month period.
/>----------

foxgrove

I was not taking a poke at you robby, just so you know.  I think my point was more hopeful than practical but it really depends on the doc you get.  Mine understands that every day can't be your bad day... not sure why other doctors can't too.  I guess they aren't as smart as we are.  :naughty:

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on August 19, 2014, 09:38:39 PM
I was not taking a poke at you robby, just so you know. 

Didn't think you were, :pals:

I just realized that the way I originally worded it, it could sound like I was faking the seriousness of my condition, and you know how some people will take the most innocent thing and make a criminal case out of it, and next thing you know your doing time in a federal prison, which wouldn't be as bad as the fibro prison I'm in now, and it's just that, "ain't nobody got time for that!"
/>----------

foxgrove

Foxgrove

old boy

Posting back in Aug of '14, no pain medication and now, over a year later,still have nothing for pain but lyrica. It's like I was thirty years ago,living with my pain and suffering from the chronic fatigue.... On pain medication I was working,my blood pressure,cholesterol levels and weight were about perfect. 

.     Now that the government does not want the doctors to prescribed any pain medication :-( ,I don't do anything: Have quit working,blood pressure and cholesterol high,gained forty pounds and do nothing but lie in bed.... Don't have any energy to do house work, no energy to even cook for myself and if I did,that standing up for so long,would just make me hurt more.... This gov  should be arrested and punished for what they are making me endure... If a person who is in my situation does themselves in...they would just write it off to depression and they will have gotten away with murder..

.     Those who are privileged enough to get prescribed pain management meds,I envy you so...

Gods love and blessings...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk