News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

SSI issues and getting disability incomes

Started by ronr, August 25, 2010, 07:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronr

This is a reposted item from countryboy in a different thread.  I put it here so that everyone could find it for easy reference.

This is the site that I was sent to from a dear friend that is one of the SSA Regional Directors for the North West.

I received my Social Security Disability 2 months after I sent in my first appeal form after being denied.  It was all due to the information given by my friend and mainly from this site.

The site is Disinissues Disability Insurance Issues and their purpose is to share experience and advice about the processes of obtaining and maintaining Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and long term disability insurance.  The group is targeted mainly towards those with invisible disability due to CFIDS or other conditions not on Social Security's Listing of Impairments.  Benefits professionals are welcome if here to learn or to help.  The Moderators are a few people who have worked for the SSA or Insurance companies.  Most of them are disabled.

All questions are edited and moderated for content.  General chit chat about your illness, personal matters are not permitted.

You have to join the group which is free and only takes about one day after submittion of the application.

Questions and Answers appear in the forum and are emailed to the members.

Disinissues website -
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Disinissues

You can review the Yahoo! Groups Guidelines at
http://groups.yahoo.com/local/guidelines.html

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Disinissues-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

You will receive many emails showing the questions and answers members currently send in.  After you decide that you have what information you need, you might want to unsubscribe to stop the emails.

NO MESSAGE ON THIS LIST IS TO BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL ADVICE

These guys really know their stuff.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

ronr

You can also go to this site, which seems to be associated with this same group and contains a world of information.

http://www.cfids-me.org/disinissues/
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Anon

Just something quick to add for you Fibro people trying to get SSI SSDI applicants that will help, but very important as well

You need real good medical documentation from a Rheumatologist (for Fibro) and other good doc reports stating you are disabled with specific reasons that will fit or be close to the SSA guidelines, you can go to the SSA.gov & read from there

SS denies almost everyone 1st time, thats SOP to delay & discourage you, so get an attorney within the time limit to appeal it!

You need a Attorney! The attorney only gets paid if he wins and its a set amount from SSA which will come out of your 1st check.

I have been through this a few times.

There are also many other sites with free SS Disability info, plenty of reading there for you, so you have to do your homework!

Best of luck to all

Just another guy with Fibro...
Fibro from car accident (can't prove) over 22 years. Went away after 1st 4 years. Then came back to stay with me, with more issues, degenerative changes, an unknown healed Vasculitis scar in Retina I was unaware of. Too many meds, OSA, MPS, TOS, CTA, Radiculophy, TMJ & whatev. Got good Doc's.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk