News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Site on Yoga and Meditation...

Started by rwilli, November 12, 2008, 10:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwilli

I posted this in the newbies but thought it might get seen/saved here also. This is a great site for stretching and meditation. This should keep you busy for years to come. good luck.   Ron

Ron could you pin this so it dosen't get lost, thanks

http://www.yogajournal.com/

dolphin/john

ron

once again i thank you for your tireless links

i learn stuff i would not normally have the time to find on my own

thanks
john
IN A WORLD OF FAKES DARE TO BE REAL

db

Hi Ron,

I have done a little Yoga but the CMP in the neck region makes it difficult to do it sustainably.  I have two comments:

1.  Feldenkrais is easier for me to do without aggravating my trigger points.

2.  Is there any yoga techniques that uses trigger point release.  I have looking for ways to combine stretching with accupressure.  I've heard of a technique but can remember the name. 

just some thoughts,

db   

rwilli

:) I looked around the site about Feld?? And couldn't really find any stretches being done. Mostly advertising. I would do what seems to be best for you. I don't think you can combine the two. Take time doing your stretches and then work on your TP's . I like to pull my head to one side and work on the other. TP's or just palpitating any hard muscle/tendon I can find. Then pull another way and do it some more.
  It will no doubt take awhile to do what you see in the pictures. It took me 20+ yrs. to touch my toes and even longer to put my hands on the ground. When I started I could get to about 6in from my knees.
  I am now spending 3-4 hrs a day on my face/jaw and neck areas. Both stretching and pushing on the hard places. Push till they, the bone,hard tendons muscles seem to soften. Then do it again the next day. You will slowly "hopefully" get it to go away. It seems to get easier each time.
This is your new career, over time is appreciated.  If you find any bumps on your skull push on them while pulling on your head. I know this makes little sense but just work with it. Experiment, you may come up with something new. :smile:   Ron               go slow

db

I guess I'm just greedy.  I feel like I need a special rehab center just for me.  Probably no one else would use it.

db

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk