News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Nausea Issues / Lactose Intolerance?

Started by Catie, June 02, 2011, 10:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJohnsy

Glad to hear that the Prevacid is helping a little.

I have had similar issues in the past, and to avoid it I eat pretty bland. (I can't even have pepper as a garnish!) Its boring, but it helps with the acid reflux.

Also, in the meantime, Alka Seltzer has a really great "fruit chews" product. It tastes like candy, works super fast, and it doesn't leave you feeling bloated or empty like some of the others can. its great for a quick rescue!

Hopefully things remain somewhat calm! Best of luck!
- Adam

"Live by the foma that makes you brave and kind and healthy and happy."

foxgrove

QuoteAlso, in the meantime, Alka Seltzer has a really great "fruit chews" product. It tastes like candy, works super fast, and it doesn't leave you feeling bloated or empty like some of the others can. its great for a quick rescue!

That's very cool.. I've never heard of that.  Thank you!  I'll try to locate those at the store.  :great:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

augoldminer

There are a number of other Intolerances
Fructose/Fructan Intolerance.
sorbital and xylitol Intolerance.
gluten intolerance.
Egg intolerance.

Some times the only way to tell what causes your intolerance is to keep a diary of the ingredients of every thing you eat and when.
many things with gluten also have Fructose.(High Fructose Corn Syrup )

I am sorbital and xylitol Intolerant and a diabetic that had been using products with sorbital for years till one day :yikes: :emocurse:
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

looneylane

All artificial sweeteners make me sick and they are in so many things.The proteins in raw onion really hurt me even though I love onions. Some onions even cooked hurt me.

augoldminer

the only artificial sweeteners i can now use is splenda and raw onions have always disagreed with me.
i have no problem with well cooked onions.

Most of the other artificial sweeteners are not sweet but taste really bad.

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/eatbetterlivebetter/matter-taste-are-you-supertaster
Aspartame or saccharin is extremely bitter to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supertaster

Any aged in a barrel alcoholic beverage is bad tasting .  moonshine taste good.
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

WolfSoul

I've been having issues too with an increase in nausea and stomach pains. I do have GERD and gastritis and just had a scope done to recheck. Still the same, but I did notice that milk and beef where two things that make it worse. So I now use Lactaid milk (tastes pretty good too) and have avoided beef (prefer chicken anyway, but am missing a good meatloaf, guess it's a turkey meatloaf for me. lol)

Also, since I have issues with dizziness my gasto put me on Antivert and that seems to have decreased the dizzyness, so guess I gotta make an aptt with an ENT doc. Yay, another dr!

Anyway, for the GERD I am on Protonix twice a day and don't seem to have any issues unless I do something stupid like a lot of pizza or red sauce.

Texas

I have had nausea many times over the last 25 years of having FM/CF and sometimes it lasts a week or so and sometimes much longer. One time I had it for six months straight and when I get it it is 24/7 no real let up it just varies in intensity. It has the same feeling as food poisoning. I have had all the tests under the sun to rule out all other diseases known to mankind and it all seems to come back to a nerve located in my neck. If anyone else experiences nausea, just think about if your neck and head are tight and there may lay the problem.

denny

I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Jasshook

I get nausea every day if I wake up prior to 9 am or so. I have noticed an intolerance to milk and cheese. I use soy, almond, or soy. Cheese is only bad if I am eating like a frat boy. Heh.

I eat meat rarely. I usually avoid beef on principle, but sometimes I get a craving. Eat beans and cottage cheese for protein. And fish sticks!!!! Sometimes chicken, bacon or peanut butter.

Since moving to South Carolina, I lost my allergies to pollock and bleach. Still very gassy, though, lol

My eating habits are more motivated by trying to avoid a heart attack. Haven't had any acid reflux type since I dropped the beef for the most part.

denny

Diet means a lot! I just dont have the will power,that takes energy!
I eat lots of sugar,sometimes its all that will stay down! This has got to be bad...

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

Jasshook

I know! My chik fil a craving usually gets the best of me lol.

looneylane

I want to try Chik Fila I have had several friends say it is real good! Then again I want to try some of those famous new york deli sandwiches as well

old boy

coffeetime

.    I'm managing a bowl of cereal (basic -4) sprinkled with the powder carnation instant breakfast,adding about a cup of almond milk or silk! A couple of cups of coffee 🍵 one sugar and a splash of milk and that is what I eat and drink for a day, it's just getting better,I'm forcing the cereal and might miss one or two days a week!

I don't feel good....im hurting I'm always too tired to eat 🍴. I know I have to do better. My doctors worried about my minerals lacking more than anything else. I need to get to a state where the munchies are legal. My old doc ,ten years ago, prescribed"Merinol" I gained about twenty pounds and had less pain and slept better..a prejudice against marijuana mental health worker made up a story about my being abusive behavior and the doctor took me off immediately because he was prescribed it for "failure to thrive" to get the insurance company to pay.

.     Ten years later,I'm starving again. Oh. I'm a drug 💊 seeker. Take me off merinol and put me on oxycontin and now the mental health worker and the insurance company are happy 😊 true story.
Unbelievable how much you get labled.

denny

Freakin people man.
It just dont make sence!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

denny

So glad they fixed dans problem catie!

Zathras i dont know why my docs dont try anything like that!
Every morning with the nausea and sometimes vomiting.Been to ER 7 times!
I dont understand why they are not doing everything they can.

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk