News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Side sleeper pillow

Started by WolfSoul, December 29, 2011, 12:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfSoul

I picked up a side sleeper pillow at CVS/pharmacy for about $20.

It has a unique U shape to it, though the part that goes down your back is longer. It also has an indentation for your ear.

I found it to be very comfortable. It supports your back and head and is big enough to wrap your arms around it. It also comes with its own pillowcase that can be removed and washed.

The only downside I found to it is that it is not easy to roll over with. If you stay on one side all night long you are good to go, but those that roll back and forth a lot, like me, will have some difficulty with it. As it is, I do use it when I am in bed and watching tv. I find it very comfortable for that.

Hope this is helpful to anyone.

Tay

They have been advertising it here in Australia and I must say the price is just a little higher than your - AU$80.00.  So that's enough to make you ache all over when I see yours was on US$20.00.

I usually pull my pill around so that it is in a U shape, which helps me to get off to sleep.  But I toss and turn through the night, so I usually end up with my pillow pushed up to the top of the bed head.

But I thought it was a good idea all the same, and had it been a little cheaper may have entertained the idea of getting one.

Thanks for the little review.

Cheers

Tay

avorado

I haven't seen the CVS sleeper pillow but I always use a memmory foam pillow between my knees at night. Takes the strain off my back and gives me a better sleep.
But next time I get a chance I will check out the CVS sleeper.
Thanks

tojo

@ Tay i can get you one here and mail it too you. Got to be cheaper then you buying it there.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

foxgrove

Tay.. don't feel bad.  We're next door to them and almost without fail pay double to triple what they pay.  It's highway robbery but there's always mail order.. :naughty:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

striker308

Quote from: foxgrove on January 02, 2012, 11:06:26 PM
Tay.. don't feel bad.  We're next door to them and almost without fail pay double to triple what they pay.  It's highway robbery but there's always mail order.. :naughty:

two reasons come to mid off the bat.

1. higher taxes
2. truck companies don't want to drive on your bumpy roads, I almost lost the prius up there last summer.
"Attitude is the paintbrush of the mind, Pain is a power sprayer on full blast." Me

foxgrove

Quote from: striker308 on January 03, 2012, 06:29:12 PM
Quote from: foxgrove on January 02, 2012, 11:06:26 PM

two reasons come to mid off the bat.

1. higher taxes
2. truck companies don't want to drive on your bumpy roads, I almost lost the prius up there last summer.

#2 is pretty darned close!!!  Bloody roads!!  Don't honestly know what causes it all.. it's a complex problem with a smaller population base, higher government involvement, HUGE union problems.. (biggest problem is that they still exist!!!), and greedy bloody corporate owners who use government bailouts and protection schemes and hide their true yearly profit.  A rather big schmozzle that isn't going to get fixed any day soon!!!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Muaddib67

Back in the early '90's the Western half of Kansas threatened to split off and form a new state because the state government wouldn't give us any funds to fix our roads. We had a state government lined up, and had decided where to have the new state capitol even.

You could get on highway 54 (now us400), at Kingman headed West, and just let go of the steering wheel because the heavy truck traffic had worn very deep ruts into the roadbed. When it did rain, the ruts of course turned into rivers, and you would hydroplane very easily. About the only time the ruts were good, is if we happened to get a lot of snow, because you could still tell where the ruts were, and didn't have to worry about sliding off the highway.

And as back on topic. I have a memory foam pillow that has seriously reduced the amount of neck pain and headaches I get. I love my waterbed, because in the winter I can crank the heat up a bit on it, then crawl into a nice warm, firm bed. I haven't tried putting a pillow between my knees, but more and more recently I've been sleeping on my back instead of my left side as I've done as long as I can remember. I got the 2nd firmest waterbed mattress they had. I can be in bed and my wife can get in, and I don't even notice.
And out of the chaos spoke a voice to me "smile and be happy, for things can't get any worse" so I smiled and was happy, AND IT GOT WORSE!!!!!

striker308

I use a memory foam pillow, and after last years tax return have a temporpedic mattres.

the only downfall with the new mattres is we can't use the heated mattres pad anymore since the foam is body heat activated.

the pillow helped much more than the mattres for the neck and shoulders, the mattres for the lower back and hips. Now if I could just sleep more than 3 to 4 hours at a time to enjoy it..................... :emowall:
"Attitude is the paintbrush of the mind, Pain is a power sprayer on full blast." Me

tojo

I know i have wanted a tempurpedic for a long time now it just makes sens and after having slept on a foam couch for a long time I thin that good foam would work even better
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

Tay

Sorry Tojo I didn't read what you had written....But I will think about it.  Especially since the last few days my neck has been giving me $!$%^&& (you know what I mean).

We had a really hot week or so, up around 40c and the air cooler spat the dummy.  (Got a new one installed today).  But I think with having the fan on me, possibly added to the neck problems.

Plus I was at the dentist just before Christmas and just after, and of course I tense up, even though the dentist is good and careful.  So that didn't help.

And Paul you too are in the same boat $$ as us.  So crazy!!!  In fact there has been a big hoo hah here about the prices we pay for goods generally.  Way too much compared to the rest of the world.  In fact they used Ikea as an example, and boy do they rip us off here big time.

Also because we live in the country, freight charges are incorporated into the price of the item, which is also a rip off.  In fact there is another big Hoo hah about freight here, and using more of the rail system, and putting more freight trains on, (which I have always maintained would be better all around for our roads, truck accidents and quicker time frame).  And yes I could go on.....

Anyway, Tojo I will let you know and thank you so much.

I will now go and enjoy my new air cooler!!!  I'm in love with it at the moment...

Cheers

Tay

ronr

Fans or any kind of air blowing across the neck can be a killer for me to be avoided at all cost.

My dentist knows that I must get up and move around some if what they are doing is going to take too long.  I have learned the hard way to limit what they do in one setting because of this same tension you mentioned Tay.  I'm still experimenting with what combination of neck and lumbar pillows to use while at the dentist.  Of course that changes each time too.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

db

I started using a U shaped pillow a few years back and wouldn't be with-out one.  I think it help keep me in one place mostly. :sleep1:
db

striker308

I bought a second one I stuff into a camping compresion bag for when I have to travle for work. Hotel pillows suck!

WolfSoul

Quote from: db on February 04, 2012, 04:37:11 PM
I started using a U shaped pillow a few years back and wouldn't be with-out one.  I think it help keep me in one place mostly. :sleep1:
db

I have been thinking about getting one of these. So it works for you?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk