News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

MetalDetecting

Started by navydad, March 21, 2012, 10:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navydad

Back  in the late 70;s early 80;s I did  a lot of metal detecting,then the boys came along and i had to hang it up,,so recently I got back into it,,andalthough I payfor it ,,hands,,legs,, pain,,I still try to get out and do it,, My wife has to drive me to a place,,I just cant drive anymore,,cant feel the pedals,,and my motion is jerky at best,,but anyway, I was at a local park on Monday and a gentleman approached me and asked if he could take somepictures of me,,ok,, no problem,,whenhe was done he asked my name where I lived,, and I finnaly asked whatis this alll about,, he said if you look on the front page of the local paper tomorrow,, your going to be ont eh front page,, low and behold,, last nightsnewspaper was a very unflattering picture of me metal detecting,,thankfully the picture was a bit blurred, next stop in the paper will prob be the obits,, sigh,,  :yikes:

foxgrove

lolol..  Well.. you've had your 15 minutes of fame..  but don't worry.. I'm quite sure you've got many more photogenic days to come!!  I don't think anyone taking a pic of me would find that it was very flattering either.. certainly not flattening.  :emolaugh:

Happy hunting navydad!!  :great:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

countryboy

Metal detecting is a real blast.  Just a word of caution........stay away from those damned yellow jackets when the detector gets them all rilled up.  Take it from someone who didn't realize what that buzzing was.  It sure as hell wasn't the metal detector.   :Ambulance:   Worst part was we were about 45 miles from home out in the woods.  I had two placer claims over near the Oregon coast and my father and father in law were detecting while I was running a shaker table and they stirred up a nest of yellow jackets.

Should have seen them come running down the old logging road swatting, yelling and cussing all the way.  Good thing that both my mom and mother in law had some poll-ace cream that took the swelling and sting out of most of the stings.  The worst ones were on their heads after they both lost their hats when running.  Had to wait for about 3 hours before we could creep up and get their detectors.  Where is a camera when you need one.

Have fun with yours and good luck finding that pot of gold.
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

foxgrove

Oh for a video camera huh!!!  AFV here we come :emolaugh:

Foxgrove

augoldminer

Quote from: countryboy on March 22, 2012, 01:36:46 AM
Metal detecting is a real blast.  Just a word of caution........stay away from those damned yellow jackets when the detector gets them all rilled up.  Take it from someone who didn't realize what that buzzing was.  It sure as hell wasn't the metal detector.   :Ambulance:   Worst part was we were about 45 miles from home out in the woods.  I had two placer claims over near the Oregon coast and my father and father in law were detecting while I was running a shaker table and they stirred up a nest of yellow jackets.

Done just as bad one day.

I was repairing the mine tracks on the dump of the mine i ran and was driving spikes in some replacement ties under the mine rails.
What i did not know was that a hive of yellow jackets had taken up home in a rotted tie and as i replaced a tie about a foot away they got mad about my beating on the mine rail.

I did most of my metal detecting for gold deep underground in the mine so i did not worry about the critters there
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

AchinDude

That is something I've always wanted to do...... I have a real cheap one, about the only thing it can find is my car keys in tall grass... but hey, that has been a miralce before.

I guess I'm in one of those "I just need one thing SPECTACULAR, to happen in my life" stages now days.  Something other than fibro and going to work every day.   Probably would not take much to be somewhat spectacular right now.

Yellow jackets got after me a couple of years ago, and I discovered I could run, and fortunately it was far enough.  I think maybe I did a years worth of running that day.   I can't for the life of me imagine what useful purpose they serve in the first place.

BOB
-------------
MWF ADM/Owner

navydad

getting out and looking for a few coins takes my mind off the pain for a few hours,, Iwas out yesterday and paid for it last night,,got out today,, and wasent paying attention to the sky,,well I had my dad looking over me Ithink,, I had one of his old knifes for digging and just as I punched it into the ground the thing fell apart,, as I was standing there looking at it,, the lighteningstrucknot to far from me,, off to the car,, thanks Dad,, and dad,, I was finding coins,, but thanks,,

foxgrove

L U C K Y!!!!  Holy smokes... (you just about were smoke!!! :yikes: )  Take care brother.  :budy:

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk