News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Input Requested

Started by Zathras, February 26, 2012, 10:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zathras

I have no idea about the mobile device. If it connects to the Internet it should be able to access the chat room.

After I check a couple of things out I will post some times when I will be in the chat room. We will see how things go after that.

Zathras

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to this post.

Based on what I have been able to learn I think that we can try this out now. What I am thinking is that I will open the chat room up on Sunday afternoons for 2 hours. Other days and times can be added if there is enough interest.

After the time change tonight I will be 2 hours behind those in the Eastern Time Zone and 1 hour ahead of those of you in the Pacific Time Zone. That would mean that when I am in the chat room from 1 until 3 on Sunday afternoons that would be 3 to 5 for those on EST and Noon until 2 for those on PST.

Clear as mud, right?

I apologize for the very short notice on this but things have been nuts for me this week. I will start this tomorrow and try to keep the same schedule for the coming weeks.

One final thing, I have a few very basic rules for the chats.

1. No profanity.
2. No discussions of politics or religion, the same as in the forums.
3. Be civil. No name calling or arguing allowed. If you have a different point of view from another chatter agree to disagree and then drop the subject.
4. No personal information to be posted. If someone wants to provide contact information to another member only do so in a PM in the forums.
5. No attempts to sell any products or services.

I hope to see at least a few of you tomorrow.

foxgrove

I took the times you requested and threw it at a scheduling website I know about...

Please click on this link to access the scheduled times for your location..
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=MWF+Chat+Room+Open&iso=20120318T13&p1=1227&ah=2

Click on the big "Add to Calendar" button to automatically add the event to your calendar.  Sweet huh...  :biggrin:  The button works with Google Calendar, Apple iCal, GoDaddy Online Group Calendar, IBM Lotus Notes, Yahoo! Calendar, Evolution (software) , KeepandShare, Lightning extension for Mozilla Thunderbird and SeaMonkey, and even Microsoft Outlook.

If you want to use the scheduler function for other functions.. here's the link.. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedform.html
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Zathras

Based on how things have gone I'm going to move the start of the chat time this Sunday back to 2pm my time. I will stay on until 3pm unless someone shows up this week, in which case I will run later than that.

If Sundays just do not work please give me some other suggestions and I will see what I can work with.

foxgrove

Thanks Zath.. Sorry I couldn't make it to the chat session last Sunday.  I've GOT to set my alarms for this thing!!!
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk