News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Leachco Back 'N Belly Contoured Body Pillow

Started by WolfSoul, April 02, 2012, 05:40:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfSoul

I got this U shaped pillow a couple weeks ago. And oh wow! am I ever glad I did. It provides me with the support I need to sleep better. (Well as good as I can with the cpap on my face, lol.) I have the top of it sitting on my wedge pillow, because I have reflux too. And the rest surrounds me with soft support. (For that damn painful L5-S1 crap!)

I know this probably won't work as well for those of you who are married as it would cut off your partner  :biggrin:, but for those who sleep alone (or want to  :laughbounce2:) I highly reccomend it!   :biggrin:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002E7DIQ/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

db

I've stumbled into using a candy-cane shaped pillow which sound about the same.  I think it helps me because I can wedge my neck into a stationary position and stay immobile (still) while I sleep.  

I have serious chronic myofascial pain (CMP) and the trigger points wake me up allot (I think).  If I don't move, I seem to do better.

db
old-man/cane

willie

I've slept on a full wave waterbed for the last 30+ years. A regular mattress seems to cut off feeling to my legs and causes pain from the pressure of just laying on it. Lately I've been waking up on my stomach with a killer backache. I've always slept flat on my back and never had a problem. I love my waterbed and don't want to change, but I need to find a way to get back to sleeping on my back. Would one of these pillows help to keep me that way or is there something else that might help?

foxgrove

That back n belly pillow looks like a dream.  We've got so many pillows on the bed already that we can hold hands but that's about it unless we plan something.  I might give that one a go.. it doesn't look too bad for width.  We'll see.. maybe it'll become a day pillow??

Thanks for the great link.  By the way, where do you get pillow covers for it??
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

foxgrove

Willie.. I'm thinking it would likely keep you from flipping right over but you may end up sleeping on your side more than your back.  That wouldn't be so bad..  I guess you could lay it so the top is under your head and the bottom two ends could go under your knees..  Dunno.. it'll depend on your height as well and how long this pillow actually is. 

I was looking at some of the other pillows leachco offers and wow.. quite the variety.  I even saw one that works both as a night pillow and a day tv lounger..  Pretty cool stuff.  Now if that couch will just cough up another hundred bucks or so we're all set.  ...  :biggrin:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

WolfSoul

Quote from: willie on April 02, 2012, 07:24:20 PM
I've slept on a full wave waterbed for the last 30+ years. A regular mattress seems to cut off feeling to my legs and causes pain from the pressure of just laying on it. Lately I've been waking up on my stomach with a killer backache. I've always slept flat on my back and never had a problem. I love my waterbed and don't want to change, but I need to find a way to get back to sleeping on my back. Would one of these pillows help to keep me that way or is there something else that might help?

I was a side sleeper before I got this pillow. If you bring the ends together it will help you stay on your back. Think of it like a really big inner tube on the water.

WolfSoul

Quote from: foxgrove on April 03, 2012, 10:53:56 AM
That back n belly pillow looks like a dream.  We've got so many pillows on the bed already that we can hold hands but that's about it unless we plan something.  I might give that one a go.. it doesn't look too bad for width.  We'll see.. maybe it'll become a day pillow??

Thanks for the great link.  By the way, where do you get pillow covers for it??

It comes with one and I believe Amazon sells them separately too.

db

I discovered that a sleep number bed helped me sleep on my back.  I bought one when my troubles started.  I couldn't sleep on a futon anymore but if I pumped up the bed to a high number, once I got to sleep I did better.  Now I use the pillows to sleep on my side which I prefer.  However for quite a few years it hurt so much the only way I could sleep was on my back.  It's a long story. 

db  :sleep1:  :blowup:  :giveup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk