News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

you have got to see this!

Started by striker308, May 17, 2012, 07:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

striker308

"Attitude is the paintbrush of the mind, Pain is a power sprayer on full blast." Me

Tay

Through tears of hope.....what an inspirational story.  Shear guts and determination.

Damn music always gets me though.  :an cry bukets:

Worth watching........

Thank you for that.  What a guy!!

Cheers

Tay

countryboy

Striker308,

Thanks for passing this along.  It shows just what the body can do with one hell of a lot of work and belief. 
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

striker308

Yeah after watching this it feels like the gauntlet has been tossed to the ground.
As a former active duty Marine Recon scout sniper half of me is screaming at the other half "what the hell! Are you going to let that Army paratroop out do you?"

I might have to look into this yoga stuff.
"Attitude is the paintbrush of the mind, Pain is a power sprayer on full blast." Me

Lucky1

IT WORKS!  Do not do it if it hurts, try to learn the correct postures.  Slow & easy not fast & jerky or bouncy.     It helped me for years w/ lumbar pain.  But it hurts too much for me to do anything until after surgery on L234.  They want to install some rods on 6-20. 

foxgrove

Keepin you in our prayers @Lucky!!  Good to hear they're willing to do something for your spine!!  Hoping that it all works out amazingly!!

What an amazing story!!  Gives you hope doesn't it.  :biggrin:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

db

I'm still held back by my chronic myofascial pain.  I still have good movement in all but if I don't support my neck and back, the trigger points seem to cause my fibro symptoms. 

Yoga or pilates seem like a good idea but it has just been hard to know when to try to work through things.  Still searching.  :emowall:

db

striker308

I'm going to order this DVD set and give it a shot.

I'm sure I'll over-do-it at least once maybe more.

I'm up to 1.5 miles on the olipticle right now, when I started on it last year I couldn't even get one lap in.

looneylane

Love DDp he was in rough shape til he started this. I have met some of his friends very powerful story.

countryboy

More power to you striker308.  I know how hard it is to push yourself to add distance to your work out.  Just don't over do it or you will go backwards.
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

ronr

Be cautious also with any type of new exercise of stretch. 

I am still fighting my last new and different stretch weeks later.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

looneylane

Keeping moving is the key. Moving to much hurts everyone Fm just multiplies the effect.

foxgrove

I'm with you Ron... anything new this year whether added one movement at a time or even less has brought me to my knees every time.  It's hard to keep pushing through routines when they keep beating you but that's our job.

Still.. all in all, I much prefer exercises like yoga and TaiChi that aren't immediately painful even if the after effects can be somewhat mind numbing. 
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

Something new might put me in bad straights I can barely keep up with what is on my plate now. I am sure Yoga would help me out though I have become very inflexible... Physically and intellectually I think.

tojo

If I had a place to do the workout I would most likely try it out.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk