News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Kobo Reader

Started by Zathras, June 17, 2012, 10:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zathras

Tojo, if Calibre will read the Kindle file format (and I'm not sure if it will) it will load those titles into your Calibre library. As long as your e-reader is one of the brands that it supports the program will automatically convert the file into a format that your e-reader can open when you send the book to it.

I have downloaded some books that are in a format that my Kobo cannot open and the Calibre program has done this when I have sent them to it. Very user friendly program.

tojo

Thanks for the tip Z It seems that Calibre was able to read some of the kindle and convert them to a usable format. But on others there is something called DRM (digital restrictive media or something like that) and it will not allow you to use a kindle book with drm or any other book with drm except on the kindle device. It is sort of like you rent the book with restrictions instead of buying it. It is to restrict you from using it on any other device or sharing it with friends. Big pain in the butt if you ask me, used to be when you bought a book it was yours and if you wanted to lend it to someone when you were done no big deal, well amazon does not think so. There is all kinds of info about DRM on the web. Guess I will not be buying and amazon books till they get rid of DRM.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

Zathras

That sounds like the Adobe version of ePub. That is what the local library uses and I cannot get the program to work with my reader, or at least I can't figure out how to get the program to send the file to my reader so that I can use it.

What gets me about the ebooks are the price they are asking. The publisher does not have to pay for paper, ink, the binding, the shipping, and all of the labor costs that come with these. So where do they get off charging as much as they do for these books? Huge rip off IMO.

looneylane

That was the issue I had with the cost of e books.

tojo

Yeah me too, if I wanted to pay that much I want the book LOL I stick with the free ones as there are tons of them out there.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk