News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

DVD From Mayo Clinic

Started by WolfSoul, July 03, 2012, 01:31:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfSoul

I got this newsletter from the Mayo Clinic and thought I'd share it. It's about a new DVD they made about how to deal with fibro.

:hi:

"Fibromyalgia can severely impact the quality of your life. The good news is you can get better control over your fibromyalgia with proper guidance and advice from Mayo Clinic.

Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Fibromyalgia DVD was developed by Mayo Clinic and Gaiam, the alternative health and wellness experts. The integrated action plan explored in this 90-minute informational DVD is designed specifically to help you minimize the pain of fibromyalgia and allow you to live life to the fullest.

With this DVD, you'll learn how to follow this three-step action plan ...

PART 1 — Understanding Your Condition — I will introduce you to the integrative treatment approach. Also in this 30-minute segment, Mayo Clinic doctors will share the latest knowledge about fibromyalgia — what can cause it, specific triggers that lead to flare-ups and how to manage it using the most successful conventional and alternative therapies available today.

PART 2 — Eat Well to Feel Better — Weight management expert and medical editor of "The Mayo Clinic Diet," Donald Hensrud, M.D., M.P.H., shares his insights on how to shop smart and select everyday foods you and your family can enjoy, while promoting better health at the same time.

PART 3 — Soothing Therapies — Moderate exercise and stress-relieving techniques bring our action plan to balance. Rodney Yee, America's favorite yoga instructor, will guide you through a simple 40-minute series of gentle, restorative yoga and stress-relieving meditation routines that are sure to bring new vitality to your life. These movements are designed to help you lose weight, improve circulation and reduce tension. Using these soothing therapies can give you better control over fibromyalgia and allows you to lead a healthier, happier life.

Don't let fibromyalgia control your life. Get help today with Mayo Clinic Wellness Solutions for Fibromyalgia DVD. Your cost is only $19.95.

Yours in good health,

Brent Bauer, M.D.
Medical Editor"

looneylane

countryboy

WolfSoul

Sounds very interesting.  Do you have an address to order the DVD?

I am currently just starting a book written by Janet A Hulme, P.T.  It is titled "Fibromyalgia  A Handbook for Self Care & Treatment".  She is a physical therapist that has FM and both her grown daughters were diagnosed in their early teens.

This book has been edited and added to by Peggy Schlesinger, M.D. Rheumatologist.  This is the third edition and dated back in 2000.

I have just started reading and so far, I find it very interesting.  She acknowledges that a lot of her information comes from her patients by providing essential information about what works and more importantly what does not. She stresses the point that you need to consider the entire body and not just the part that hurts the worst.  She talks a great deal about a diabetic & what they do each day to regulate their disease.  She keeps stressing the point that a person with FM must carry out daily tests and self care routines to maintain the health of all cells or parts of the body.

As I stated, I am just beginning the book.  It was given to me by the physical therapist that is currently working with me at the athletic club that I am currently going to.  She told me that she has given out at least 15 of these books in the past 2 years.

The author's disclaimer states that the information and procedures contained in this book are based upon the research and the personal and professional experiences of the author.  They are not intended as a substitute for consulting with your physician or other health care provider.

The majority of her patient's information and input comes from females of course.  But, she does state quite often that a lot of these conditions and symptoms are the same in females and males.

I will pass on my thoughts and feelings when I get a little further into the book.  As you all know, when you are trying to digest what you are reading, it can take a long time for it to register.  It is not like reading an interesting novel that keeps your attention most of the time.

Sorry WolfSoul.........maybe I should have started a new thread with this.  Didn't mean to cut you off at the knees like this.
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

countryboy

Thanks SoulWolf.........It is kind of hard to get your hands on good information that you can feel comfortable with.

Did you order one?  If so, what has been your take on the information.
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

tojo

It is just too bad they want money for it
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

WolfSoul

Quote from: countryboy on July 04, 2012, 01:00:07 AM
Thanks SoulWolf.........It is kind of hard to get your hands on good information that you can feel comfortable with.

Did you order one?  If so, what has been your take on the information.

No I didn't order one. I might though. I have another one at home that I got for free through work. I've had it for about a year and haven't watched it yet.

tojo, if I do get it, I'll see if I can burn a copy for you. No promises though, because I'm not sure I can.  :LOL:

tojo

That would sure help. I can help you if you want to burn the thing on your PC.
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk