News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

IMAK gloves and Fast Freeze Roll-on

Started by jaiser, August 11, 2012, 06:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WolfSoul

Quote from: tojo on August 15, 2012, 12:04:22 PM
How is the stitching around the fingers where the glove stops? I have had some gloves but they always started coming apart rather quickly and then were worthless for the most part. That is why I went to the full length glove.

The stitching is pretty good. A few stray threads here and there but the don't fray.

WolfSoul

Whatever way you decide to go. Good Luck. 

Quote from: jaiser on August 15, 2012, 02:16:25 PM
Thanks for the advice on telling work. I have a "long" consult appointment with my doc (30+mins as opposed to the 15min usual) on the 31st about possible treatment changes.  I'm lucky, cuz she's pretty cool about the fact that I'm a pushy, well-researched patient.    :biggrin:  Hopefully, that'll help.  I work for a very small company (10 people) so FMLA doesn't cover us.  It requires there be at least 50 employees for at least 20 weeks in the last calendar year.  My immediate co-worker is very understanding and I might start with him.  It's quite possible that they'll be OK with everything, I do have an excellent record (so far, anyway...).  We're at a 20% labor/salary reduction (I have every Fri/Sat/Sun off) for the rest of the year.  That helps a lot, but there are days (like every one so far this week) when I'm so close to overwhelmed with exhaustion and pain that it's all I can do to hang on til 5pm. 

I tend to be really cautious about revealing too much at work and I'm probably being too cautious now.  If things steadily decline, though, I'm eventually going to have to tell them.  And if it gets to the point that I can't work at all anymore, they'll have to know (obviously) but especially for short- and long-term disability and my SSDI app.  It's just scary, I guess.  I'm so used to my fibro being manageable that this "downturn" is just freaking me out a bit.  Plus I'm responsible for my retired mom (her SS is very low) and the idea of a more limited income is a bit scary, too.  Thanks for the offer of a PM chat.  I may take you up on that later.

jaiser

Thanks, WolfSoul!  I'll keep you posted.  And if you ever need an ear yourself, feel free to PM me. 

jaiser

Somewhere someone asked if the Fast Freeze washed off easily if it was too much to bear.  I had this happen recently and found that some of it came off with a washcloth, but some remained.  Now I will say it was just a wet cloth, no soap and not in the shower/bath.  It did bring it down to an "I no longer want to peel my skin off" level.  Hope this helps!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk