News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

NFL/PAY the real Zebras!

Started by Lucky1, September 25, 2012, 01:59:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky1

I have had it with these morons!!!       Last night another L O N G  game. Then it was handed to the wrong team after ANOTHER long delay.   Give us back the REAL referees, they do a much better job!!!!  The GREEDY S.O.B. OWNERS are destroying what we love!!   The tuff guys say," take it or leave it!"  They are proud to show the power they have.  We don't care about you, or your power, we want quality with our football. This will bite you in the ass, and when it does, you earned it! You deserve all the monetary pain you RECEIVE, or INTERCEPT! (G.B. vs Seattle joke imbedded)       

NMDave

To put in perspective how greedy the owners are: The NFL TV contract is about 9 Billion dollars and who knows how much from other revenue like hats, shirts, tax breaks and stadium concessions etc.

They are already negotiating the next TV contract reportedly for more than 18 Billion bucks. The difference between the owners and the referees is 4 Million dollars.

That is probably the take from the concessions at one or two stadiums for one game. Give me a break owners is it really worth screwing up the game for such a tiny percentage of the pie.

I think we all should boycott games until this is resolved.

countryboy

Doesn't the tie go to the runner?   buttkick

Smiles from Seattle.   ;)
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

ronr

I saw it, and they should of called it strike 3.   :yikes:  One of these guys has never reffed any other than lingerie football.

At least they are talking again.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Lucky1

Do the owners think we are too stupid to know the difference?  Why do the wealthy owners hate us so much?

countryboy

Boycotts will only work if the patrons will actually boycott.  In the line of sports, less than 5% actually take part in the boycott.  What a shame that quality people can not be hired when there is a strike.  Of course most that would qualify don't want to cross the line as they hold true to their colors and partners.

Maybe the talks will result in something useful.
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

Zathras

I heard today that there is a tentative deal with the Officials and that they might be officiating the games this weekend.

Keep your fingers crossed.

ronr

The deal is done and they're back with tonight's game is what I heard, with a salary increase to around $174,000.00 with back pay.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Lucky1

@ C.B>             The union was NOT on strike.  The SOB owners Locked Them Out!   They had nothing to say other than  "TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT" & "WE WILL REPLACE YOU part time employee's."   
      Joy to the to the world!  The bossman  lost, WE won, and covered the spread!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk