News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

round pillow........

Started by rwilli, December 21, 2008, 05:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rwilli

:)  I was just looking through a cataloge that had some pillows in it.

They didn't look very helpful but I had a round one about a foot long. It could fit in the neck area and kept your head from being pushed up. I sure wish I had one now.

I must of used mine for 15 yrs. You forget how much things help till you quit using them. I have a very small pillow now but the round one is much better.             Ron

tojo

I have three actually one is about 3 or 4 inches around and the others are 6" or so around one is made of that memory foam stuff and one is just off of a couch set. They are all about a foot and a half long and I could not imagine life without them especially when Dad is driving me to San Antonio in the truck.

Hope you find one soon rwilli
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

NMDave

Ron, I have purchased the round pillows at J C Penny. I wait until they have a half off sale or buy one get one free. The last one I got was covered for a sofa or chair I guess but it works great.

NMDave

Lori

I am ALWAYS on the lookout for a good pillow for my neck & head. I've got at least 2 or 3 of these round ones -- different types (memory foam, other types, some sort of beady sort of filling, etc. ... any of them I can find frankly) ... and then another one that.. is kinda hard to describe. Think it must've been made specifically for some furniture set or some such. It's 2-3' long and not exactly round but not flat. It's kinda cool.

All types of pillows / shapes / sizes. I even use most of them -- different ones on different days depending on how my body's feeling...  :spider:

Used to have a really great neck one my chiropractor recommended. Best one I've ever had actually. IT fit my head & neck. Was great. Haven't seen a chiro in long time though... and the dog chewed it up (really).

But my all-time favorite?

Now don't laugh (LOL)

Teddy Graham.

:lmao:

It's some character  --  like for some sort of graham crackers or something related to kids... or a maybe food "mascot." I can't remember it now... Regardless...

Seriously. I use it for a neck pillow if we go anywhere & sometimes here at the house too... I LOVE my Teddy Graham pillow.  :1115:

In fact, I fell asleep in my recliner yesterday or day before (the last time I slept -- whenever THAT was) and the last thing I remember thinking before I fell asleep? ROTFL  :laughing1:

That I needed to draw a pattern from the pillow (like you would a wood pattern) and try to make another one (not that I'm like a great seamstress or anything... me & sewing machines do NOT get along... really.) in the same shape because this one is getting old I've had it so long and have "lost" it a time or two. And THAT was just plain sad...
:emowall:    :wacko:    :nono1:     :spider:
🙋‍♀️

rwilli

:)   That reminded me reading about one in the car. I used a small pillow in the car for years. Only way I could drive for any distance.

I needed speed control and tilt wheel (lower the steering wheel, so I didn't have to hold my arms up) also. With all three I could drive quit awhile after the fascia ripped in my lower back.  Just keep looking for anything that helps a little. They will add up.    Ron

countryboy

The only round pillows I have ever used were quite large around and very soft with a hole in the middle.  ;)

It wasn' for my neck or head either.  :lmao:  Don't know what happened to it, but I haven't seen it for a few years.  :(

:horse:

IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

ronr

I even tried the hole in the middle kind to ease some of the pain in the lumbar.

It DID NOT help either.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk