News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

NBA All Star Sellabration

Started by Lucky1, February 18, 2013, 01:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucky1

It is sad to this sports fan that the GAME, in "NBA All Star Game" has taken a back seat in this 3 day Event.  I watched as they milked the Cash Cow to the last drop.  To accomplish this they added lots of extra milking time, in prime time.
   Was it a game, or a Sellabration, a showcase for self promotion?  

countryboy

As in all "Pro Sports" the all mighty $ sits on the throne.  What a shame for our country to sit by and watch the $ rule all sports.  buttkick buttkick buttkick
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

foxgrove

Sad... very very sad.  (and I miss Kareem!!!)  :biggrin:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

NMDave

It is why I watch very few pro events anymore. It is more fun to see college sports or lower level pro sports. These are people with something to prove and they have their hearts in it. The pro sports have so alienated the average fan I am surprised they manage to fill the seats. Although a number of teams don't.

Lucky1

I did not know that Dr. Buss had passed away when I was writing the Showcase/Sellebration  remarks. 
He was the best owner, he would spend the cash to get the Laker's the best players, and it payed off in championships.    His ideas were good ones, but like anything else it can be overdone. Moderation was dispatched while they were raking in the cash.
   RIP  Dr. Jerry Buss.   
B$G money is changing, and has changed college games too. The players work for free, ostensibly that is. 
The money machine is dumping millions into the pockets of the Pac 14, Big 5, ACC,  ETC.   When somebody is making loads of cash from your work, you want to get paid some of that stuff. 
  Things will change, there is a tug o war starting for all "non Pro sports" money, and if I was a young man working hard and risking severe injury to produce "the product" I would want to get some of that cash too. 

countryboy

I agree with NMDave,

I would much rather watch college or even high school sports.  Being involved with starting a Little League program years ago and following my kids through that and Babe Ruth and high school ball, that is where my heart still is.  The big problem is that it takes many many volunteers to keep these organizations running properly and those that volunteer get burned out over a few years.  I was involved with these programs for 28 years and traveled all over the country with the kids. 

Memories, memories, and more memories.  Most all very good.

IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk