News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

30 hours with out a cigarette GRRRRR I am a grouch right now....

Started by Joeopps, March 13, 2013, 05:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joeopps

I have survived a lot. but this is tough. I have quite before, well I went through the motions before, but always went back. I tried the e-cig. i do not find it enjoyable. I have tried the patches, just don't do anything. So cold turkey it is. 30 hours and no one has hung me out on the yard arm so, so far so good.

Of all the things I have done and tried through my years I wish I never picked these damn things ups. The worst is that I enjoyed smoking. and I miss it already.

But when the doc listen to my lungs and gave my wife a funny look and tells me that i do not have an infection that kind of grabbed my attention that it is time.

Lucky1

Hi Joe    Good luck, when strong urges occur, get up and go into an other room (or environment)                                          and things can change.   You can change your shirt, change your mind, and skip that smoke.
Then repeat a few thousand times.    >> Quitting was THE best thing I ever did for my body<<
You can feel the benefits in a few days.  Stay vigilant, success is waiting.
 Have you considered hypnosis and or meditation?  It may not work, but it can't hurt.

avorado

I recall when I stopped smoking, it was difficult and I know what you are going through. I did a lot of research to see which method would be the most painless and it came down to cold turkey. Otherwise it seemed that I was trying to replace it with something else.
   Recalling, one of the best things that helped me get through the strong craving was when it happened I inhaled deeply as if I was inhaling the cigarette. I did that a few times and that seemed to help. That was one of the things I found on the net that helped.
   I know the challenge and you seem to have the desire so keep up the good work. It is all worth it at the end. Health wise and financially.

foxgrove

:great:  I'm so proud of you brother..  I'm so happy that you've decided to quit.  I know you'll love the results in a short time.  I'll be sure to be praying about this that you would have the strength to get through it successfully.  Be strong brother.. the cigs can't hang on for long.  :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Joeopps

appreciate it everyone. My problem is I actually enjoyed smoking. I didnt smoke like three packs a day. Mainly a half pack a day, less on less stressfull days. I really didnt want to quit but the doc's look at my wife told me another story. ;-/ omg I am so miserable.....

NMDave

Quitting is one of the best and hardest things I have ever done. I went through a program sponsored by the city of Los Angeles. The great thing about this program was they never hit with how bad it was for you, they showed you how much money the industry was making off you and how they advertised to keep you smoking. That alone made me never want to smoke again. By the way, my crutches were trail mix and a hand grip ball. Good luck, I hope you get through this.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk