News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Whole Fish in Oven

Started by DEL, August 13, 2013, 01:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEL

Right now I'm using Large Mouth Bass and Bream. I will assume most of you are familiar with scaling and gutting, which aren't too
strenuous if one takes their time. Better yet get someone else to it. I like to cook my fish with the head on because I like the cheeks
and eyes, but you can discard the head and just cook the body.

Put the fish in a baking dish and cover inside the cavity and outside with olive oil. Next comes the dry spice- If you like spice you can use hot Asian spice or Creole
seasoning and cover the fish in and out again. If not then use salt, pepper and garlic powder. I like Mrs. Dash Table Blend Spice to mix with the hotter stuff.

Bake fish in 350 degree oven uncovered for around 20 minutes or until fish is flaky and the skin is crisp. Enjoy with favorite beverage and relaxing music-the Fibro can go take a flying **** for awhile. :fishing1:
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

foxgrove

:clapping:  Ahhhhh.. sounds wonderful.  Especially telling fibro to take a hike for a while.  Enjoy bro.  Well deserved delights.  :clapping:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

countryboy

IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

DatonK

Don't fish but can gut and clean any fish.  Like it how you told the Fibro to F it sounded month watering. Bro in law loves fishing but hates the gutting and cleaning side so i am always happy to help out for a few free fish for supper. My sweetie has to go out when i do it or see cant eat it.

Quote from: countryboy on August 14, 2013, 01:47:50 AM
Cheeks and eyes?    :jawdrop:
My sweeties the say as you but cheeks are nice not done the eye my dad always told me that was for the land. but cheeks are so good you can't bin them.
Jesus Is Live IN ME. Follow of the Way to the Father Look To Jesus.

Fibromyalgia. It isn't terminal but it will still take your life. Zathras

DEL

I will be the first to admit that cheeks and eyes on fish are a matter of personal taste-but I'm infamous in my family for liking
weird kinds of food.

I just made Rye crisps with olive oil and that Table Blend I wrote about in the original post. I also soft-boiled 3 eggs so that
the yolk was still runny and mixed them it with hot sauce, olive-oil mayo, and mustard. The resulting spread goes on the Rye crisps.

No one else in my family would go near this but I love it. And no, we can't pin this on Fibro-I've always been this way... :yikes:
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

DatonK

Quote from: DEL on August 14, 2013, 11:35:24 AM
I just made Rye crisps with olive oil and that Table Blend I wrote about in the original post.

You made Rye crisps how i love rye crisps but haven't found a recipe for them.

looneylane

:insane: I have never tried fish cheeks but I heard they are good...I am hungry now... ;)

DatonK

Quote from: looneylane on August 15, 2013, 12:35:44 AM
:insane: I have never tried fish cheeks but I heard they are good...I am hungry now... ;)
So is it cheeks then.

looneylane

Fish only have one set of cheeks... :insane: LOL lets not get cheeky abut the subject... :rotfl:

DatonK

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk