News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

DLA medical

Started by DatonK, October 07, 2013, 01:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DatonK

Hi guys, have my Disability Medical on Wednesday morning would value prayer, I hope I qualify for some help as it is getting harder for my wife. Today has been a heavy sweat day for me, legs haven't done what I wanted them to do and pain has been pretty bad.
Jesus Is Live IN ME. Follow of the Way to the Father Look To Jesus.

Fibromyalgia. It isn't terminal but it will still take your life. Zathras

barrym

Praying for you, hope all goes well. Hope the pain eases up soon, been having a bad couple of days myself lately.

Barry M

Lonesome George

Use crutches, a walker or wheelchair, (don't fake it, but if you use any of these and feel you may have any need for them, definite use them) and don't take any pain meds before you go.  If you can walk at all and have taken any pain meds that will dull any pain, they will declare you fit for work.  I took pain meds (OTC) and didn't use my cane, which had I known how hard his office was to get to I would have.

The report he turned in was I had limited range of motion, did have 14 tender points, so I did have fibro, but was able to work.  Believe me, these doctors are paid to find you fit, and if they find anything wrong the weight given to their diagnosis is very light.  I had a CD of all paperwork SSD has after I was turned down.  It is an amazing read as to what the doctors tell them as compared to what they tell you.

I certainly your appointments go better than mine did.

foxgrove

Gotcha in my prayers mate.  No worries.. tell it like it is.  Be real, meet their eye, be the man we know.  We'll be praying brother.  We'd all be right there at the back of the chambers cheering you on if we could.  Just remember that it's not a matter of if you deserve the assistance, it's a matter of when you'll get it.  The sooner the better in my book.  Gotcha covered.

:bighug:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

DatonK

Forgot to say it a home visit medical. The way i feel i will not be getting up. pain is bad and i feel sick 

looneylane

Lonesome George

If you have a home visit because you can't go there, you are way ahead already.  Don't volunteer any information, and don't admit to being able to do anything you can't do well.  If you say you can walk to the mailbox maybe once a week, and have mowed your grass any this year, their report will state "Claimant states he can walk to mailbox and mows own yard".  I know, I have been there, and had that done to me.  When you get to read what they actually send in as compared to what you say, your blood will boil.

Good luck.

DatonK

She asked loads and then wanted me to stand and it was so hard she said she had seen all she needs i didn't have to do any walking for her.  just have 2 weeks to wait now.

foxgrove

:bighug:  Now we wait and pray.  Thanks for doing that.  It's not an easy thing to stand up and have to explain your disability.. rather demeaning and dehumanizing but you did it with flying colours.  Bravo!!

We'll continue to pray and hope that today made the right kind of impact on the judge and that she saw the truth instead of their previous decision as being the real deal.  No worries mate.. It does sound very much like my hearing.  When you get concessions like that, it tends to be more because they are actual humans and don't want to cause pain.. I take it as a good sign of humanity instead of bureaucracy.  Keep your chin up..  We'll win this yet.  :budy:

Foxgrove

DatonK

May claim for DLA has been turned down due to me being able to walk without a stick and get up stairs and bath myself.  A) i can't walk without a stick
B) haven't gone upstairs for months, C) i have a bath sit that i use with the help of mandy.  Oh and they had me on drugs i have never had.

So i phoned them up and told them and out come it needs to be re looked at as some info could be wrong. I know its wrong i didn't walk at my medical as i could only just stand.

So could you keep praying for me and the person that has to read the info.

foxgrove

Sorry to hear that brother.  Yeah, they attempt to make generalities and spin stories to meet the conclusions they've already made..  I've heard some of the stupidest things coming out of adjudicators mouths...  yours distinguished themselves as one of the best of em!!  That really sucks but it gives you some serious ammunition for your appeal which you can start on once you've had a chance to catch your breath.

We've all been through this brother.  They tell us "don't take it personally" but there really is no other way you can take it... or so it feels at the time.  It'll look easier once it's all over and done and you've got your DLA in pocket.  It MIGHT look easier before that but there's no guarantees.

Just remember that this decision doesn't change how we feel about you one iota.  We know how numbers motivated these folks are and how they treat us like we're stealing their grandma's piggy bank if we get any assistance at all... like it came directly out of their inheritance!!  Bizarre but you kinda get numb to the stupidity of it after a while.

Just hang in there and remember that the fight isn't over until justice has been done.  In this case, justice is you receiving the assistance you deserve and have contributed to over the years.  No worries.. this will one day be no more than a teachable event to think of around a table with plenty of beer on it.  We've got you back brother.  :budy:

Foxgrove

Robby

The only way I got mine is about three weeks before my hearing with the judge, I had a sleep study. The next morning, the Dr. came in and read my read-outs, he turned and looked at me and asked how I was working. I told him I wasn't, I had three weeks until the judge, he said let me see if I can help you some. He put something like "brain scan shows long periods of major pain cycles that prevent sleep, and in my opinion prevent any quality of life". The judge read that one sentence out loud in the courtroom, and said, "I'm not allowed to say how I'm going to rule, but I can say this one sentence will carry more weight than all of the SSA medical reports combined, as you can not fake a computer read-out". He then asked my lawyer to stay in the courtroom after I left, within two minutes lawyer came out and said you got it.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk