News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

Damned Disease

Started by barrym, December 17, 2013, 03:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tojo

I sure would like to advance to the second stage of reflection, but I fear that will not come till I go to be with my Lord.

Great poem Fibro_Friend!!!
one of Jesus' own
Tojo

looneylane

I love reflection...unless it's a mirror.. :insane: JK aren't the songs of the heart wonderful!

Hollywood

I don't come here often enough. And I suffer for it. I miss , beautiful things like this post.

Barry.........that was awesome.  You know what's funny is your like telling people sure use it.

And yet have you ever read the spoon theory? it's pretty popular in the Fibro boards. But my chin hit the floor when I saw that she was selling it for $25.00 :jawdrop: I couldn't believe it. I really wonder if anyone was foolish enough to buy it?

Anyway........like I said , very good. And it's cool you are sharing it for free.

Stephen old-man/cane
Stephen Michael Dirse

foxgrove

That's very odd Hollywood.  I know Christine Miserandino (the writer of the Spoon Theory) and I've never known her to ask for money for it before.  She does so fund raising for Lupus research but I believe that's done completely seperately from her own life.  I hope you were mistaken in what you heard.  She does charge for sending out wall posters of it but that's a production cost..  Here's her Spoons page: http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

robhowell

WOW.........

Can I also share this on facebook?  I will also give all credit where it is due.

Your are an awesome poet and thank you for sharing these.

barrym

Robhowell,

Thanks for your comments. By all means share them on your Facebook, same goes to all members should they wish.

BarryM

Hollywood

fox..........once again i have foot in mouth disease. you are right, i misread it. it cost for the posters, my mistake Sorry. and my apologies to the author of the spoon theory.
Stephen Michael Dirse

foxgrove

no worries brother.  Just wanted to make sure folks didn't stop using her stuff.  It's a fabulous resource and she's one classy lady too!!  Be well.  :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

Stocker81

Quote from: foxgrove on January 07, 2014, 02:43:57 PM
That's very odd Hollywood.  I know Christine Miserandino (the writer of the Spoon Theory) and I've never known her to ask for money for it before.  She does so fund raising for Lupus research but I believe that's done completely seperately from her own life.  I hope you were mistaken in what you heard.  She does charge for sending out wall posters of it but that's a production cost..  Here's her Spoons page: http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/wpress/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/
I've been trying to figure a way out to explain what I am going through to friends and family for a long time.  I usually end up just muttering for a while and then my head falls to my chest and my words just roll of into the gutter.  I am going to give them each a copy of Christine's Spoon Theory, i don't think it can be said any better.

Nice Poem btw barry :blue thumbs up:

noscubadan

Very nice I'm going to print it out and put it on my fridge :blue thumbs up:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk