News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

Positive and Fibro in the Same Sentence?

Started by DEL, December 27, 2013, 05:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEL

A fellow fibro sufferer posted an interesting question in our Facebook Men With Fibro forum-"Can anyone think of something positive
that Fibro has done for them?"

To be honest, I initially scoffed at the notion, I mean which one of us is actually happy that they have been stricken with this
insideous condition?

Upon further reflection I decided to give it a try. Make no mistake-I have no love for Fibro and wish I'd never got it, but reality is is what it is
so here goes nothing:

Positive Things Fibro Gave Me-

I retired from the prison system before I could be killed in the line of duty.

I spend much more time with family.

I spend more time at church.

I've developed a love for instrumental music.

I now have friends literally all over the world who I can share my life with without fear or shame.

I have more empathy and understanding for disabled people.

Everyone's situation is different; this is just my honest reflection as I continue to cope with pain and fog.
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

foxgrove

Amen brother!!!  I share all of those but the first with you.  Of course, for me, I ended up on disability before I could be downsized if that was going to happen as it has to many of my former co-workers.  I loved my job and I miss it terribly but I have a feeling that God has something more for me now that I'm disabled than He did before.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

DEL

I just realized that I don't know what you did for a living before the Fibro hit.
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

looneylane

Before fibro hit I did security at concerts and hung out with a crazy crowd of musicians and bikers and wanna be bikers. If I had stayed there I probably would be riding a Harley with the wrong guys. I was a bit notorious for being this skinny guy who could not only take a punch but take whoever threw it wherever I wanted no matter how much they didnt want to. I never purposefully beat anyone up I just didnt have the temperament for that but it was a dark path anyways many of my friends thought I would just disappear one day without a trace. I think Fibro had a hand in that as I knew my strengths and muscle control was going which you need to manipulate strong people.

foxgrove

Who.. lil ole me??  :biggrin:  I was a systems programmer for IBM working on a large frame TPF system for one of the largest customers in Canada..  It was a great job and I got to work in a team with some of the best folks in the world.  The corporate part of it had good and bad just like every company but I have to say that I still am proud of being an IBMer.

Other than that, I've been a computer geek for most of my life.  PCs mostly but I'm now having to branch out into learning Android devices as well.  Nowadays, I just putter and putz, trying to fix relatives' computers when they break and helping them make buying choices when they're looking for new technology... well that and praying and sleeping... it's a full time job!!  :lmao:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk