News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

confusing wireless thieves

Started by augoldminer, April 02, 2014, 03:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxgrove

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

I'm sure I could impress you with talking about what I'm into.
Got nothing against geeks its just not what I'm into.
Further more... old-man/cane :rotfl:
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

...and be proud of it.  The tech world isn't for everyone.  Just like I couldn't draw to save my life or paint to impress a dog... dog likely has more talent in that department... but CAD or robotics or computers or sltt (stuff like that there), I'm all over it!

We're different people and thank the Lord... it would be a pretty boring and drab world if we were all the same. :bighug:

Foxgrove

augoldminer

I live in a RV park with wifi and the problem the park has is people coming in for a week or two (construction workers)and while they are there they illegally download movies.

The park manager has no idea what to do to block them and the IP provider keeps threatening the shut the the whole park system.
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

foxgrove

That's typical of a lot of communal wireless hookups.  It's due to two things, poor digital security and humans.  Digital security can be upgraded to NSA levels but if someone blabs the password...  :dunno:

I know of a few places that started using virtual networks to make tracking the leak to a single point but it's not easy nor cheap for a newbie just trying to run a trailer park.  Sad... very sad.

Foxgrove

looneylane

Our university is pretty tight and can shut down if they detect illegal activity. The main problem is that there are plenty of lan connections so thye can jump on those without a password unless they want access to university library material

foxgrove

Sounds like your local university has an IT department.  That is a good thing as they at least have a better chance of understanding the dangers their network faces and can do something about it.  If only they could package THAT in a box for the naive and unsuspecting.  I know they try but generally speaking, box solutions are a sure way to end up with too much of something you don't need and too little of something you do... imo.

I love some of those enterprise level systems where everything is nicely tied back to a network monitoring system and all the operator has to do is watch for alerts coming in or make sweeping changes with a few key strokes.  Those were good times... global network, tens of thousands of stations, three guys making it all run like clockwork.  :biggrin:

Foxgrove

looneylane

Our university does have a very good IT dept but they also tinker with it all the time which causes issues for the less techy folks. I have had to rescue several instructors from glitches in the systems. I am just enough of a computer guy to know several workarounds for common issues. Also found several supposedly un findable media files for the various departments that had rights to use them but had aging vhs copies and players that rarely worked. My instructors were always so astonished that I could so easily find them while they were still in the middle of their speech on how we couldn't because they didn't exist... :insane: :insane: :insane: :insane: BAM mic drop Looney is out!!

Robby

Quote from: looneylane on December 17, 2015, 11:32:59 AM
... :insane: :insane: :insane: :insane: BAM mic drop Looney is out!!

Good job!!!   :toot: your own horn why don't you  :lmao:
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

foxgrove

Love it!!!!  :clapping:  It's my favourite sport... mind blowing.  :great:

Foxgrove

looneylane

Every once in a while a guy has to toot....... :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: His own horn that is.... :insane: :insane: :insane: :insane: :insane:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk