News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

"Managing Pain Before it Manages You"

Started by AJohnsy, May 27, 2014, 09:11:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJohnsy

Hey guys!
I mentioned this is another thread, but I know we don't all read every thread. I figured I would mention it here and I hope that it helps!

This is a great book, that I highly recommend no matter what your reading skill is, or whether or not you "enjoy" reading.

Its more of a work-book that has a lot of tricks to cope on its own. Its pricey, but totally worth it.

Book:
"Managing Pain Before it Manages You" by: Margaret A. Caudill
(There are 3 editions, any are great, but of course the most recent is updated)
- Adam

"Live by the foma that makes you brave and kind and healthy and happy."

looneylane

foxgrove

Thanks Adam... sounds like a fabulous read!!  I hope it comes out in digital copy soon!!  (I have trouble reading books as I can't hold them open for more than a few minutes.)

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

AJohnsy

I can see if they have something digital for it fox.
The author works at my local pain center, so they may have a little more on location that they wouldn't anywhere else.
Next time I go in, I'll take a gander for you!
- Adam

foxgrove

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

WolfSoul

I hope so too! I couldn't find it for Kindle.  >:(

AJohnsy

I think its mainly because it is a work book. It asks you to write in it, almost diary like, and that gets complicated when in digital form.

I will see what sort of resources they have at the clinic though. I never thought of not being able to hold a book, but can see that its more common than I would have ever thought.

I'll check soon my friends!
- Adam

AJohnsy

Those who were wondering about alternatives for this book:

I did check with the pain clinic and they said "at this time" the physical book is the only option. They didn't have any information on whether there was something in the works for an e-based book or not.

We tried!  :dunno:
- Adam

Ldspunk

Good one Adam, get everyone all excited...lol

Sounds like a good time though, I am currently reading wifeys  book,  living with an invisible illness, or something like that.
It basically covers what it is like living with, lupus, fm, CFs, ra, etc... How society treats us , how to cope etc... If anyone wants I can get off my ass and get the title and author
-old punks don't die, they just cash in.

Robby

Quote from: Ldspunk on June 18, 2014, 12:26:59 PM
If anyone wants I can get off my ass and get the title and author

We wouldn't want to ask the poor punk to do something, that would just be cruel :jawdrop: :LOL:
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

looneylane

AJohnsy

LOL Robby!

Let us know how that book works out Punk...
You don't seem too thrilled about that book, so I'll wait until you finish! lol
- Adam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk