News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

had my SSDI doctor appointment today

Started by LizardKing, September 18, 2014, 05:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizardKing

Quote from: foxgrove on September 19, 2014, 08:11:21 PM
That's terrible brother.  I hate so much all that this disease takes from us.  :emorant:

I hate what people take from us because of the disease more than the disease itself.
Think about all the other disease in existence, many which SHOULD have moral condemnation attached,
and see that really only CFS/FM patients are treated, to put it nicely, like red headed stepchildren.
See, because I was unfortunate enough to contract this "syndrome" I deserve abuse, name calling, and trouble.
Think about it and tell me I am wrong.

Lonesome George

When people ask me what is wrong with me that I'm unable to work, I have a hard time telling them fibromyaliga.  I go through everything else, then muddle out fibro.  I've seen the glazed over look when I start out with the dreaded "F" disease.  My BIL was telling me not too long ago he thought he had fibro.  Hell, he's 62, tries to go like he's 32, has arthritis, and wonders why he hurts some.  But it may be fibro as far as he thinks.  Also, the TV commercials about fibro drugs do a great dis-service to real fibro sufferers.  They are trying to market their meds to anyone with pain, and down play what this affliction really is.

augoldminer

Make me glad i went for a veteran disability pension instead of SSDI.

The VA had my medical records done by VA doctors and it only took me a month and  half to get approved.
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

foxgrove

It's sad when people decide that others mustn't be hurting because that would be horrible or that doesn't make sense, or because God wouldn't be blah blah blah...  whatever excuse they tell themselves to deny the torture that's happening right in front of them.  Often makes me want to hit them with a phone book... hard... and then explain to them how odd it is that they're lying there on the ground screaming when it's obvious that there's nothing wrong with them.

Bunch of sheeple if you ask me!!  It's like they've got nothing to say but baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.  :insane:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

Sadly most people do not understand chronic pain until they experience it themselves.

LizardKing

Quote from: looneylane on September 20, 2014, 11:34:17 PM
Sadly most people do not understand chronic pain until they experience it themselves.

I can help them be in pain all the time and get my baseball (or mobster) fantasies satisfied at the same time.

Just got my denial letter yesterday, made an appointment with a lawyer for tomorrow morn.
They must have won SSDI for FM and be able to help me get the doctors and other help I need to win.
If they say they can't and I won't use them.....
This lawyer has a web page on FM so they MIGHT be able to help.

foxgrove

Be thinking about you tomorrow morning brother.  I hope that this is the one that you need to see!  :great:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

DatonK

:smiley praying: it works out and you get a good one and win when the time comes.
Jesus Is Live IN ME. Follow of the Way to the Father Look To Jesus.

Fibromyalgia. It isn't terminal but it will still take your life. Zathras

LizardKing

Quote from: DatonK on October 01, 2014, 04:57:45 PM
:smiley praying: it works out and you get a good one and win when the time comes.

Signed a paper for him to get my SS file he claims he will use to see if he can represent me.
Sooo, he sounds like all the other professionals" in the game who so far have done nothing or nothing good for me.
I appealed the decision myself and was told it would be another 6-8 months to get that denial, and it will be like the
other 90% of the people: DE-NIED.
Gee, do ya think I could have told the government to wait 2 to three years for my SS money to be paid INTO the system?

Trying to make an appointment with a rheumatologist from a referral from a nurse at one of the local hospitals I emailed
though this nurse was a typical arsehole and suggested "cognitive behavior modification therapy".
If I hear that again I will tell them I will go get my baseball ball and beat them for five minutes, then THEY can see
how a therapist can help them with their pain.
THIS IS WHY I HATE EVERYONE IN THE MEDICAL FIELD!
worthless incompetents.....

(is this comment going to upset a poor old doctor so he won't take FM patients seriously? booo hooo!)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk