News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Tomorrow's going to be a better day.

Started by Elizabeth, March 17, 2014, 12:20:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elizabeth

Hi everyone,

I am not sure exactly why it is, but I have this eternal optimism that tomorrow is going to be a better day. This is not a wish or a dream but how I actually feel. In my mind I always feel like my symptoms will be less tomorrow and I will be able to do certain things. I have no idea where this comes from, but when I am planning in the future, I never plan for there to be days where I am in a flare up. When I am thinking about future events, I always feel like I will feel better on those days, even though I know rationally that there is no way for me to know that. In fact, every time I flare up it's a surprise because for some reason, I still think it won't happen.

But even knowing that, it's a wonderful coping mechanism to imagine tomorrow without pain.

Elizabeth

foxgrove

It's a good policy sis!! I like that!!  :clapping:  I try very hard to have the same kind of attitude.  It sure isn't easy all the time but it beats waiting for the men in "clean white coats" to drop by.  ;)

Be well and have a great day!!  :budy:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

brownyboy

Living in beach mode

looneylane

I managed to help out a two vehicle MVI this morning without ending up in a flare!  :biggrin: Maybe tomorrow will be even better! Thanks for the optimism transfusion!!! from the  :insane: one

foxgrove

Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

denny

I do feel like im waiting to get better.
Unfortunatly it usualy just makes me angry when it dont happen.
How long you been sick? Maybe its just been too long for me.

Optimisome is a wonderful thing to have! You are truly blessed!
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

looneylane

I was diagnosed with Fibro in 19997. Had flares that lasted years now as long as I take care of myself the flares only last days to weeks but the pain never goes away or the fog.

Robby

Quote from: looneylane on April 04, 2015, 12:18:37 PM
I was diagnosed with Fibro in 19997

The year "Nine-teen Thousand, Nine Hundred and Ninty-Seven".

But yeah I lived the first 28 years of my life with fibro symptoms, but didn't know what it was. I was starting to believe everyone that said I was crazy. I had started to believe that I was imaging things. It was also about 1997 that I was diagnoised. I managed to work until 2002 before I quit work for good.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

looneylane

I quit working for a while in 1997 through 2001 when I started managing the modular home park we lived at. I have worked off and on ever since. I cannot believe I did not proof read first. Today my wife and daughter and I went to help our friends whose son is in rough shape with cancer. I hurt everywhere but so glad we could spend time with them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk