News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Handicap Spots/Tags

Started by Gearhead4Life, March 26, 2015, 03:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

looneylane

There is quite a market for them even here. At the university some people rent them out to students who are willing to pay to use them so they can park closer to their classes

foxgrove

Excuse me for my moral outrage but that's just disgusting...  and no.. I won't even joke about how much I could get for it.  :emorant: 
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

looneylane

It freaks me out how highly abused the system is.

Gearhead4Life

Quote from: looneylane on March 30, 2015, 11:56:37 PM
There is quite a market for them even here. At the university some people rent them out to students who are willing to pay to use them so they can park closer to their classes

That infuriates me. I would never use mine for that purpose no matter how tempting. Plus there is a reason they give you an ownership card to put in your wallet.

looneylane

Here they just give the placard

foxgrove

Here it's the same thing.. plackard only.  Of course, there is still the whole agreement that you made when you got the plackard that says you will NOT allow it to be used except by yourself and only yourself!!  Odd how some folks seem to think that those rules don't apply to them.  I guess they must assume the rules don't apply to them because they think they're "special".  Well I guess they are... a "special" breed of self-centered self-entitled jackass!!

I wonder if they're available to carry folks down into the grand canyon??  :biggrin:

Foxgrove

looneylane

saw a guy yesterday parked in a handicapped parking spot. He was in a giant jacked up four wheel drive so tall it had side steps half way down to get into it. He had a dirt bike int he back as well. He got in and out of the truck fine but man it made everyone shake their head around him. It was obvious he didn't need it for physical reasons as you had to be  mountain climber to just get in and out of his truck!. Hopefully I am just misreading it.

foxgrove

Well... maybe he just doesn't understand that stupid isn't a disability.  :biggrin:

Foxgrove

Robby

Quote from: foxgrove on April 07, 2015, 04:49:29 PM
Well... maybe he just doesn't understand that stupid isn't a disability.  :biggrin:

:lmao: :rotfl: :emolaugh:

IT'S FUNNY 'CUZ IT'S TRU
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

augoldminer

Get caught in some cities in calif using a reported stolen placard  They tow your car. Plus you may be arrested for possession of stolen property.
Yet it still a problem.
Wooden Ships and Rusty Crusty Old Iron Men
USS Enhance MSO437
Sanity is for Nuts!

ronr

Do they steal license plates too?   

I find that having it on the plate helps forgetting to hang the tag.  The police are understanding when I have forgotten and only require a copy of the tag to be sent to them.  With it on the plate you don't have the placard flopping around obstructing your view also.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

Barberian

Quote from: augoldminer on April 07, 2015, 07:18:36 PM
Get caught in some cities in calif using a reported stolen placard  They tow your car. Plus you may be arrested for possession of stolen property.
Yet it still a problem.

I used to call the police on obvious fakers. It is such a low priority for the local police, the perp has often done shopping, walking over to a burger joint, eaten, talked to some friends, went back into the store for something they forgot, and been long gone before the cops show up... if they ever do. :emoablow:

foxgrove

I've never known the police to come when I've called about tags.  Too low priority I would imagine.  Sad but I guess I would prefer they were dealing with high priority cases too but maybe there should be enough police to go around... just maybe.

I've seen those handicapped license plates a lot but they're all from out of province.  Sadly, our system has never went that direction.  Oh well... fortunately we've never had our placard taken... a GPS unit but not the placard.  Wonder if they're easier to track here??

Foxgrove

looneylane

Yeah they do not offer them on license plates here the only ones you can get are Veteran ones. They earned those!!

ronr

I see cops cruising some of the busier lots looking for an easy ticket I guess on their times of less activity.
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk