News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Pain journals/apps, Food and medication logs?

Started by Gearhead4Life, March 26, 2015, 03:35:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearhead4Life

Anyone know some really good apps that are easy to use for this type of thing? I want to try and keep an active log of what i am doing when i start getting a flare up. Everything from what i am eatting to the type of activity. I have one of those Fitbit things i have not really started using yet that helps to track activity. What i want to do is be able to give my doctor a detailed report so that he can make appropriate changes. I am starting to eat healthier and am trying to loose some weight to help ease flare ups.

Robby

Either go to your app store, or google, and search for "keep track of pain", or "track pain levels", or any other phrase that leads to the same meaning. There are several good apps in the Android app store (I don't use an Iphone so I don't know but they are usually in both stores), and several online websites that provide tools to track all types of information. I have tried to use these several times, but I don't remember any names. You should be able to find one that you like in either place. Unfortunately, I set everything up, then the pain hits and I am hurting too bad, and just generally feel to bad to put the information in. I plan on doing it once the pain subsides, but by that time I have forgotten about it, and by the time I remember it, I'm in another episode of pain and don't feel like doing it. But, that's me, don't let me deter you, I'm not the average person.
/>----------
I will put you in the trunk, and help people look for you, DON'T TEST ME.

Gearhead4Life

Quote from: robby k on March 26, 2015, 04:51:28 AM
Either go to your app store, or google, and search for "keep track of pain", or "track pain levels", or any other phrase that leads to the same meaning. There are several good apps in the Android app store (I don't use an Iphone so I don't know but they are usually in both stores), and several online websites that provide tools to track all types of information. I have tried to use these several times, but I don't remember any names. You should be able to find one that you like in either place. Unfortunately, I set everything up, then the pain hits and I am hurting too bad, and just generally feel to bad to put the information in. I plan on doing it once the pain subsides, but by that time I have forgotten about it, and by the time I remember it, I'm in another episode of pain and don't feel like doing it. But, that's me, don't let me deter you, I'm not the average person.

That tends to be what happens to me, or i just plain forget to do it.

foxgrove

If you have a Windows desktop, I would highly recommend Smart Diary Suite Medical edition.  It's tailor made for fibro folks and has had numerous changes made over the years through advice from fibro patients.  Sadly, it has not yet ported over into the Android and iOS world.

For Androids, there's nothing quite as comprehensive, there is one called "Manage My Pain" and it has a lite version.  I haven't used it much as I have my med tracker on Android using "Pillbox".  It's quite good and allows you to both track and display weather, pain, symptoms, and notes.. The pro version is less than $4 and is worth the price from what I've seen.

Of course, as my pain logs will tell you, putting in data is a hit and miss thing unless you have a daily alarm set to remind you to put it in... then you have to be ABLE to!!  :insane:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk