News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

Is Fibro Hereditary Article

Started by DEL, March 28, 2015, 03:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEL

The article didn't seem like much until I started to get pissed-maybe I'm just oversensitive due to my current situation but
the last couple of paragraphs really...ah hell-read it for yourselves and see what you think-

http://www.fibromyalgiatreating.com/fibromyalgia-hereditary-does-it-really-run-in-the-family/
"Today, you will be with me in paradise."

I have to be me; no one else wants the job!

Praise God and Pass the Ammo!

If only my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle!

Gearhead4Life

With my family in particular I'm kind of an oddball in a few ways. I'm the only one with Arthritis+Fibromyalgia. No one in our family history as far as my folks can remember have it. Since i'm a bit of an example i fully believe this can happen to anyone. I don't recall experiencing any great trauma or injury to cause the symptoms. It just sort of started happening.

looneylane

I cannot believe some idiot actually wrote some of that stuff down? Blaming it on inactivity instead of the inactivity as a result of chronic pain? did he even talk to anyone with fibro? what an idiot! Pain causes stress which causes us to be less active not the other way around so where dis this moron go to school they need to pull his license or the school needs teach how to gather info rather than come up with a conclusion then try to reinforce it without real research

foxgrove

Pissed me off, that's about it!!  What a jackass.  Woudn't know fibromyalgia if it jumped up and bit him on the ass!!

But besides that, it contains a lot of false information about fibromyalgia that I certainly wouldn't want people to think is actually true.  I mean, Fibromyalgia is not a disease proper, but a set of symptoms that can differ a lot from one person to another.  Try looking up the word "syndrome" in a dictionary... I have... the Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary defines syndrome as "a combination of symptoms that either result from a single cause or occur together so commonly that they constitute a distinct clinical picture. See also disease and sickness".  Nowhere in there do they ever say that it is anything less than a disease.  I'd LOVE to be a fly on the wall when someone walks up to the parent of a Ehlers-Danlos syndrome or Down's syndrome child and tells them that their child does not have a real disease.

Add to that the little gaffe at all of us... Poor physical conditioning is also named among the risk factors that make the onset of fibromyalgia more likely...  Yeah... don't think so buddy!!!  Almost every single fibro sufferer I have talked to was generally fit and often they were very fit.  I was in the best shape of my life when things started to go bad.  

Then there's the capstone.... Until then, the separate symptoms of fibromyalgia can be ameliorated through medication and home remedies and many people have learned to live with this condition, recovering the lives that have been affected by the pain and by the other symptoms they experienced due to fibromyalgia.  

Really???  They can be???  Really???  Maybe I'm reading too much into this as ameliorated simply means "to improve" but doesn't this sound like fibro's no big deal... like it's a nothing condition?  Just take your Lyrica and go out and live your life...  I think the part that pisses me off is that it's not just so simple and pat.  It's a constant frustrating exhausting battle to find anything that will "ameliorate" our symptoms and so often, what we found only works sometimes or only for a short time.  It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth to put so few words into the daily struggle we face just to try to make it through each day not to mention this idea of "recovering my life".  

As I was leaving, I shook the dust off my shoes.  I noticed that there are no names ever attributed to their writing.  No degrees, nothing to suggest they even know anything about fibro other than what it written in other websites.  All of their whois contact information is hidden (check out ours some time if your curious, we have nothing to hide!!) and the site is less than a year old and the url was purchased for only a single year.  Now THERE'S confidence!!!

OK.. all done raking them over the coals.  Somehow I'm sensing that I'm not in a very good mood this morning.  Maybe it's the fact that it's MORNING and I haven't slept yet.  Grrrrrrrrrrr.  Back to trying to get some sleep I guess before I rip some other site a new portal.  ;)
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

countryboy

Sounded to me like someone was just throwing a bone to a bunch of hungry dogs.  That is about the extent of their
intelligence from what I got out of it.  Same o same o.
IT IS BETTER TO BE CONSIDERED A FOOL, THAN TO
OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND REMOVE ALL DOUBT.   But
UNFORTUNTELY MOST PEOPLE REFUSE TO LEAVE ANY DOUBT.  -unknown-

ANY FOOL CAN CRITICIZE, CONDEM AND COMPLAIN --
AND MOST FOOLS DO.   'Benjamin Franklin'

DatonK

Glad you said that Country boy as i didn't get much out of it. 
Jesus Is Live IN ME. Follow of the Way to the Father Look To Jesus.

Fibromyalgia. It isn't terminal but it will still take your life. Zathras

old boy

old man w-cane

This is a Howl. I just read you alls reaction to the article, Being as ,Fox grove, I just got up and , as every morning ,I had to lift my head off my pillow by pulling at my hair and screamed in pain as  every joint and muscel screamed with me!  Crap like this is exactly what that county workers like to read. That case worker who called me a faker and waste to society !  Before it had the name fibromyalagia, it was called the "Yuppie flue" yuppie ,because it was generally contracted by high acheivers, hard workers, higher education!  No, I don't want to go read it. For over thirty years I have been hearing that from only lazy, ignorant, worthless, freeloading county caseworkers.  :emorant: I myself fit into that exact situation.  I am so sick and tired of hearing that fibromyalgia is all in the patients head or its  only a "wastebasket disease" because its a "maybe" and doctors don't know exactly what to believe from the patient.

:emoablow: Articals like that should be shoved where the sun don't shine , up the authors xxx! I m not a cursing man, but  ::Amen:: give us suffers a break. Enough to know there are concerned doctors out there ,who do truly believe that this horrable disease exist.  not going to let this morons , idiotic article rain on the parade of new information :emobadmod: showing the facts of different body chemistries, different hormone levels, Real life stories how hard working , very hard working peoples lifes were destroyed by this crippling disease......what a meaqt ball. Needs a swift kick in the n__'s to wake his a__ the heck up! Good old fashioned kick-butt ,knock some sense into that a-hole!  Know what This old boy means. old man w-cane dudes.  God Bless all you suffering out there today with this horrible disease. God bless you with compassion and understanding from your medical practicioners, mental health workers and pain clinic personnel.

Dang, Dudes , if nothing else, we provide incomes to one heck of a bunch of people ,if this illness is only in our heads. then hypnotis us all and declare it cured,,but beware we have quite a few people getting paid good money for treating our fantasy illness.  A-holes!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk