News:

Welcome Back to the MenWithFibro Forums
It does not matter the name, We all have the same symptoms.
We are THE ORIGINAL
"MenWithFibro"

Main Menu

ShoutBox! For quick short shout outs to other members. For introductions, questions or comments please post in the proper sections of the forum.

2023 Nov 18 19:10:11
ronr: Sorry folks but we have to move again.  Finances is the major reason and but the new hosting service is kicking back tons of errors and things just aren't work well!  I cleaned out the shoutbox just so that the changes messages will stand out better!

2023 Nov 18 19:06:32
ronr: Facebook does not allow nearly the amount of privacy and they search for people and groups thatdon't follow their guidelines.

2023 Nov 13 19:25:44
ronr: This link is an invitation for those that would like to follow us! https://discord.gg/WYfQM3TW

2023 Nov 13 19:25:04
ronr: Discord is new to most of us but there is a GREAT DEAL of privacy there.  You need to be invited to even see our page.  Download of the app is easy and there are plenty of directions

grass

Started by wmoore, February 24, 2015, 12:54:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxgrove

Well.. we have no lawn.  We HAD a lawn but we dug the sucker up and put rocks and gravel back in it's place.  The back yard was too small for anything else so whatever isn't deck or garage is concrete... and that's just a walkway!!

I guess you could call that xeroscaping... we just call it less work!!  :biggrin:
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

ronr

You guys need to make a peace offering to the indians and maybe they would do a rain dance for you.   :LOL:
Times are tough when "Happy Hour" is your nap.
My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!

denny

If i tried that ron im sure they would take it all wrong and we'ed be at war again.lol

The local tribe has only 80 people left.
That trips me out. They are filthy rich tho!
Im happy for them for that.
I KNEW IT WAS THE ALIENS!

"FREE ME FROM EXISTANCE"
It is what it is...

foxgrove

Well.. beats the heck out of most of the reserves up here.  There are a few native people who seem to benefit greatly from reserves but most of them are in leadership.  The general populace is living in squalor with no reason for the kids to stay and nothing for them to do but drink, do drugs, and commit suicide... the last of which they have been doing in droves for years now. 

Very very sad situation up here.  Disillusioned, beaten down, defeated, broken people who've suffered under the heel of our nation for over 200 years... a huge chunk of Canadians expect them to just rise up and be happy constructive members of society while another huge chunk just wants them to disappear as a people.

But I'm WAY off topic... I too hope that the drought situation in the southwest reverses itself in the next few years.  From what I'm hearing, the water table is just about dry as agricultural companies suck millions of gallons out to water their millions of acres.  The prices are staggering... last year it cost $144 for one foot-acre of water which is equivalent to 325,851.5 gallons of water... this year, it'll cost $500-$1,800 per foot acre depending on where in the state you are!!!  Sadly, it's the consumer who will lose out in the end as all that cost gets transferred to the end product... what we eat!  Most of that water will go to farms established before 1914!!

Reversing the huge deficit in the water table will take decades if at all.  Hopefully, the heavens open up and make that possible over the next few decades.  I just don't know how much progress we'll make due to the way the weather patterns have been changing over the last few decades and especially in the last few years.
Where God leads, His hand always provides
...so keep Calm and code on....

Foxgrove

wmoore

In the summer I let the lawn burn out to conserve water. This year will be worse as the snow pack is fifty percent of normal. Poor California has hardly any snowpack this year, let's all pray for them, or do a rain dance in their  honor. As for the garden, the bulbs are up and very pretty.

Barberian

Less than 5% snowpack in most of the state  :yikes:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk